How is this deal - HTIB ?

Hey, Need quick input from the experts.

Need to buy HTIB. Have 2 options -

1. Onkyo HT-S 3400 for ~24k-25k

2. Pioneer VSX - 519V-K with 5.1 speakers for 16K at Reliance.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Usage - 85% movies , 10% songs, 5% IP TV[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Media for Movies - Media player via HDMI - 1080p[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Room Size - 15x20 feet[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Please suggest asap...[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thanks in advance mates...[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]P.S. - Open to other options as well within 25k.[/font]

Hey, Need quick input from the experts.

Need to buy HTIB. Have 2 options -

1. Onkyo HT-S 3400 for ~24k-25k

2. Pioneer VSX - 519V-K with 5.1 speakers for 16K at Reliance.

Usage - 85% movies , 10% songs, 5% IP TV

Media for Movies - Media player via HDMI - 1080p

Room Size - 15x20 feet

Please suggest asap...

Thanks in advance mates...

P.S. - Open to other options as well within 25k.

Coolcatric, the pioneer avr is a good deal for that price. Assuming the 5.1 speakers are somewhat decent, the pio seems an awesome deal. Where is this available?

Pioneer. U can upgrade later.
<

Where is it u getting this? Reliance digital? Everywhere in india?

1. Not sure, about all Reliance digital, but yes Gurgaon Ambience Mall the deal is on.

2. Speakers seems to be decent. Will upload exact specs.

So, should i buy it tomorrow ? - Pioneer deal. ??

1 question. the ONKYO 3400 is 3D ready, what difference would it make as Pioneer 519 is not 3D ready.

Does it mean when i stream 3D content via media player via amp to 3d LED, then i wont get 3D video out if using pioneer 519 ?

Pls clarify. Thanks

I have Onkyo 3300, and its doing pretty good job for my room size (24*12) ... Does Pioneer support Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™ ??

I have Onkyo 3300, and its doing pretty good job for my room size (24*12) ... Does Pioneer support Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™ ??

Pioneer VSX - 519V-K does not support Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio.

Onkyo 3300 is available for 21.8k in Reliance Digital, Ambience Mall, Gurgaon. Checked it yesterday.

Confused what to buy, and pioneer VSX-519V-K does not have support for[font=arial, sans-serif] Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, how would it matter ? [/font]

As long as you don't intend to play blu-ray discs and/or play those 25+GB rips which have the DTS HD-MA and Dolby Tru-HD audio encoded, it doesn't matter.

Difference between 3400 and 3300 is one HDMI port... Onkyo company shop will quote higher rates, check out Vijay Sales/ Reliance Digital/ Croma or Ezone, you should get 3400 for ~ 25k ... else 3300 for ~ 20-22k is also good option since there isnt much difference between the two... Dont get 3305, its inferior to 3300 ...

Thanks for the information mates. Today again i went to MGF ONKYO to negotiate, the best he can offer is 27K....

He also mentioned that there is difference between 3300 & 3400 w.r.to speaker size, woofer punch & HDMI 1.3 in 3300 & HDMI 1.4 in 3400.

I would prefer to buy 3400 if available around 24-25k.

Can one negotiate at VIJAY SALES/RELIANCE/CROMA etc ??

Update - Called vijay sales - said that they keep only Sony & Philips, NO onkyo...

Update 2 - Just checked with Reliance digital (Ambience mall), they have 3300 for 22K, but NO 3400.

well, Pioneer is out of picture now Need to decide from 3300 or 3400.

Read reviews & difference is 1 HDMI port extra in 3400 & Woofer more punchy in 3400.

3400 - 27k

3300 - 22k

Last question - Is it worth to spend 5K extra for 3400 ( as 1 extra HDMI would not help me in any way!), or should i just pick 3300
<

Do let me know if i can but 3400 around 24-25 in NCR....would buy 3400 in that case..

thank you again

Just go for 3300(if its cheaper than 3400) its exactly the same as 3400 except for the extra hdmi port.I have one and its really good.

Going to reliance digital ( Ambience Mall Gurgaon ) to buy Onkyo 3300 for 21.8K, let me know if any better deal available.

Update - Bought Onkyo 3300 @ 22,798, with 2 years warranty & Gold plated HDMI cable from Reliance Digital Ambience mall Gurgaon.
<
<
<

Thanks a lot for your inputs
<

Hey, tok this thing to Udaipur, Rajasthan the same day. Unpacked and installed. Experience so far -

1. Very solid packing ( Box travelled with me in train more than 800 Kms and yet rock solid)

2. Can be easily unpacked

3. Very easy to install as there is color coding for everything. From -ve to + to to Right to left. 10/10

4. Woofer moves & makes sound on high volumes, but could be solved by putting rubber mat.

5. Called service centre twice to clear some queries, very cooperative they were.

6. Connected My Philips DVD player via coxial digital out. Good quality, not that great probably because my source was not that great. Hoping to get better results on 1080p.

Overall Rating :

1. Packing - 10/10

2. Installation - 10/10

3. Sound - 7/10 ( on DVD via coxial 4 gig print 5.1 )

4. Speaker quality - 8/10

5. Service - 8/10

6. Ease of Use - 8/10

Let me know any other details if required.

Cheers
<

Hey, tok this thing to Udaipur, Rajasthan the same day. Unpacked and installed. Experience so far -

1. Very solid packing ( Box travelled with me in train more than 800 Kms and yet rock solid)

2. Can be easily unpacked

3. Very easy to install as there is color coding for everything. From -ve to + to to Right to left. 10/10

4. Woofer moves & makes sound on high volumes, but could be solved by putting rubber mat.

5. Called service centre twice to clear some queries, very cooperative they were.

6. Connected My Philips DVD player via coxial digital out. Good quality, not that great probably because my source was not that great. Hoping to get better results on 1080p.

Overall Rating :

1. Packing - 10/10

2. Installation - 10/10

3. Sound - 7/10 ( on DVD via coxial 4 gig print 5.1 )

4. Speaker quality - 8/10

5. Service - 8/10

6. Ease of Use - 8/10

Let me know any other details if required.

Cheers
<

Hi. I hope your was not the last piece there. I am planning to buy this too. Can you please confirm? Or PM me the phone number of the sales guy?

^^^

Onkyo 3500 is going to be launched in first week of April (in India, already launched in most countries). So price of 3300 (2 years old model) and 3400 (1 year old model) are going to fall further.

Wait if you can.

Back