Skilled
Hey ppl,

One vendor is ready to swap my RAM (2 x Hynix D43 512 MB) with a pair of:

TRANSCEND TS64MLD64V4J

These parts have "Blitz BLD8608A8A-5C H0527"

A number 2TDA2399KQ

Any advices? Should I go for it? A 1 GB Stick costs around 6.2K

Karan

Get the TwinMOS sticks..they cost arnd 5.5K AFAIK with 3 yrs warranty and most can be pushed to DDR500.....

If you want 1GB sticks, get Twinmos. It costs 5K and comes with Samsung UCCC ICs. These are second only to Crucial -5BD. I got a stick for a friend, it did 270MHz memtest stable @ 3-4-4 latencies. Also if you wanna run stock, it does 2.5-3-3. Three year warranty as well is the icing on the cake ;).

magnet said:
transcend comes with life time warranty i guess.....i have one which has 2-3-3-8 timing at 200mhz....
Lifetime = three years :p. Its lifetime of the product not ur lifetime. These are 1GB sticks... none of them can do CL 2.0 other than the very rare infineon BE-5/CE-6.

AFAIK only OCZ and Mushin offer lifetime warranty...

For 1GB sticks get Twinmos, much better, Funky has achieved a lot on them...

^ As chaos already mentioned, Life-time warranty almost always means Lifetime of the PRODUCT. Not your Life ! :p

Lifetime of the product usually is around 3 ~ 5 yrs , it corresponds to the period for which the product is manufactured/available from the company.

The Term Lifetime is very tricky , never clear as to what it really means hence
people are confused.

Also feel like laughing when they say that it has lifetime warranty as if u are gonna
use the same stuff till u r dead. ;)

Well to be precise,
Transcend terms Lifetime warranty as LIFE OF THE RAM i.e 3 yrs or 5 yrs.I dont remember if transcend gives 3 yrs or 5 yrs.

But in case of brands like OCZ,they offer REAL Life tme warranty and not the lifetime of the RAM.
Atleast this is valid on their premium products.Not sure if it is available on their value products.

I guess this explains the term LIFE TIME Warranty offered on RAM

Back