PC Peripherals How long can we run ups with dying battery?

@Rezep did you get the ups yet?

Review please! :)
Post automatically merged:

So my microtek friend is saying apc is the best ups lol.

Decided to buy this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B016XVRKZM/

Asked a friend with prime and hdfc card to buy it for me

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rezep did you get the ups yet?

Review please! :)

So my microtek friend is saying apc is the best ups lol.

Decided to buy this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B016XVRKZM/

I indeed have received my UPS although i haven't been able to test it properly yet at all. Long story is, the electrical fuse box/ the box which connects all the power (i have no clue what its actually called) went nuts right before i got my UPS (which is why i bought the UPS). Power would flicker every few minutes and would go out and come back at random moments, it would be fine for like the entire afternoon and then act up during the night and was happening only in my flat since none of my neighbours in the apartment had any problems.I called the electrician twice and he sorta temporarily fixed it today and said he would install a new auto switch tomorrow(he disabled the generator line to my flat for now). But in a short sentence, the UPS does seem to do it's job right, switching quickly enough between the mains and the battery which is all i needed. Can't believe i bought it for 2449 and now it's going for 2199 on flipkart tho lmao.

Cool, so your objective is achieved. Amazon/FK offers, you win some you lose some...

My microtek friend thinks i need 1kva instead of 600va, but i'm hoping it will work on my system. Fingers crossed...

...Decided to buy this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B016XVRKZM/

For some damn reason, the ups wasn't deliverable to my pin code, other items were. tried a nearby (3.5km) friend's office, his pin code was also undeliverable. one digit off on either his or mine were working.

got fed up with the whole thing and ended up saving 5k combined between my friend and me by not ordering anything !

Tomorrow i'll try some offline stores for apc

So i got an apc bx600c home delivered by calling a local store. Did a quick test and it takes my pc and lcd load fine. The design is pretty nice. One of the reasons i narrowed down to the APC is because it's slim enough to fit next to my PC case under the table. Air vents on one side have only about 2 inches of clearance to the case side panel but it should be ok.

But the build quality is pathetic. Huge panel gaps at the top. Also the sockets at the rear feel kinda mushy near the end but that's no biggie. It's made in UK (Uttarakhand). :angelic:

P_20200812_184833.jpgP_20200812_184842.jpgP_20200812_184608.jpg

Various online sites list the transfer time as 4-8ms, but APC or Schneider themselves don't provide that info anywhere. But the manual mentions it as 10ms lol.

I found this brochure on the apc india website. ditto on the schneider site. but there it's dated 2015 version 0. so this is proof that the quality has dropped. Comparison with the current specs in the manual below:

1223.jpg

I guess this is what we get for demanding make in India...

Did a backup runtime test. PC + LCD. At 4 minutes it started warning beeps. Ran for about 6 minutes before shutting down. About 2 hours later the UPS body still feels warm to the touch. I want it to cool down completely before recharging.

Back