How long it takes to clear customs

webofunni

Disciple
I am a remote employee of a US company. They sent some merchandise for me and the tracking shows that it has been stuck at customs for weeks. Is there anything I need to do? or is it normal to take that long?

Monday, October 9, 2023 5:30 PM
India
Customs Clearance

If it was sent by your employer then the customs etc. might already have been paid by them though better to ask them else it might be passed on you.
Stuck in customs means which location it is showing?

My package from Australia was stuck in the system for a total of 12 days from landing in India. Unless it's festival season, delays usually indicate some document was missing and they are trying to look up the products price themselves.

If it was sent by your employer then the customs etc. might already have been paid by them though better to ask them else it might be passed on you.
Stuck in customs means which location it is showing?
No, they didn’t pay customs. It is showing as in Delhi.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 52
Then the onus is on you..
I wonder how an employer can ask an employee to pay for goodies.
How to pay it. I am in Kerala, will they inform/contact me.

It’s a small company and I am working on contract. This is first time they are trying to send something. Might be new for the hr person.

How to pay it. I am in Kerala, will they inform/contact me.
Your local postman will contact you and inform how much you need to pay.

It’s a small company and I am working on contract. This is first time they are trying to send something. Might be new for the hr person.
Customs declaration is a standard form. As long as all the fields are filled, it should be fine. If they sent it via regular USPS i.e. not Priority, it is slow and will take extra time

Back