How many wifi clients can these routers support?

Planning to set up a complete home automation. I expect to have about 40 wifi clients per floor over 3 floors. Have the Asus AX3000 as a primary router and the Asus AC1900 RT AC68U as a wired mesh node to one floor. Yet to buy another Asus as a node for another floor. Below are the links to the respective routers. Any idea how many clients each will support?

Also suppose each one does support 40, will the total of 120 clients be too much for the primary router? Or are the ones attached to a node totally separate?

Planning to set up a complete home automation. I expect to have about 40 wifi clients per floor over 3 floors. Have the Asus AX3000 as a primary router and the Asus AC1900 RT AC68U as a wired mesh node to one floor. Yet to buy another Asus as a node for another floor. Below are the links to the respective routers. Any idea how many clients each will support?

Also suppose each one does support 40, will the total of 120 clients be too much for the primary router? Or are the ones attached to a node totally separate?

At this price range, I will recommend you to have a look at Ubiquiti Access point. They are much better as compared to asus from my personal experience.

Back