How much download speed on 256 kbps?

nvidia10

Disciple
Hi. I'm currently on the bsnl 500 plan. In speedtest.net, I get the result with the download speed shown as around 1.7 mbps. I get speed of somewhere between 150 and 200 KBps in well seeded torrents. I'm planning of moving to unlimited 256 kbps plan. What speeds can i expect in the similar well seeded torrents with the 256 kbps plan?

Woah 30 kbps seems to be too bad after having obtained 200+. I think it's better to stay with the 500 plan. Thanks for your quick useful replies.

TheOneVj said:
Rule of thumb: divide my 8 and you get your download speed.

nvidia10 said:
Hi. I'm currently on the bsnl 500 plan. In speedtest.net, I get the result with the download speed shown as around 1.7 mbps. I get speed of somewhere between 150 and 200 KBps in well seeded torrents. I'm planning of moving to unlimited 256 kbps plan. What speeds can i expect in the similar well seeded torrents with the 256 kbps plan?

With 256kbps plan, ur download speed will be 256kbps, it cant be more and shouldn't be any less.

P.S There is no such thing as "download speed" or "browsing speed", they are the same

Mephistopheles said:
P.S There is no such thing as "download speed" or "upload speed", they are the same

Depends on the ISP, my ISP gives 2mbps down and only 128kbps up. Most ISPs do not give equal upload and download speeds.

varkey said:
Depends on the ISP, my ISP gives 2mbps down and only 128kbps up. Most ISPs do not give equal upload and download speeds.

Sorry, my bad...and yeah Upload speed in most cases is not equal to download speed, made the required changes.

i m using the 500 plan and i think its the better than the 750... u get 2.5 gb usage per month which i think is enough for browsing, viewing videos, etc... and if u need to download something u can do it between 2am and 8 am(BTW waking up at 2 sucks!!) but i download anywhere between 1.5gb to 1.8gb per night... sometimes more... i do this mostly twice or thrice a week...

so... stick with what u have...

P.S. i m not sure how... but there are some setting that u can do with which u can start nd cancel downloads automatically... i haven't tried yet...

upload for bsnl is around 1/4 of download...

Back