How much is Edge n 3G important to you?

Guys, whenever it comes to mobile purchase, we tend to go for the maximum number of features tht cud be accommodated into the budget. I think Edge(whether the network supports it or not) and 3G are also included into the desirable feature list by many(if not all)..

So thinking of the practical purpose of both these technologies, do you think it matters to you once you make the purchase.. ??

Although the highly incompetent telecom regulators of IT super power failed to bring 3G even after many years the original word,I expect it will reach sooner than latter..On that basis it will be good to have a future proof phone (especially if you are the type that dont upgrade the phone every now and then).

EDGE is a different story though..

edge is supported by most of indian telcos, and is a nice feature if u use ur mobile as a modem....

without edge: 4-6 kbps

wit edge : 10-12 kbps

so it does help..

^^But how much do you think 3G is important..i mean apart from the usual things we do with phones, who wud be using it extensively for watching tv, using the wi-fi, and pay a bomb for the service..?? Skips me..;)

In fact, there was an article recently on the low usage of 3G services in britain..where ppl apart from the usual talking and messaging, dont even know much of the capabilities of their 3g enabled handsets..let alone use it.. this has led the service providers like 3 to start effectively advertising for the 3G services so tht ppl start using them since till now, it is proving to be highly unprofitable for the servie providers with the limited usage and high running costs...

IMO 3G,if it gets as universal as GPRS, is great for browsing on the go (be it on the mobile or connected to a lappy).

Imagine being able to download podcasts on the go!

There is allready a torrent s/w for the symbian OS.SO P2P is also a possibility.

me personally think that things like video calls and mobile TV are really junk

what I like is when 3G is used for internet while on the go

beats looking for a hotspot, right.

Back