How much should I buy for? Used Xperia P, Galaxy Note and S2

vigilante

Adept
Hi All,
I'm getting an offer for a 6 months old Sony Xperia P. The condition is good and the seller is quoting 18k. The new one's available online for 22k. At what price should I buy it? What should be the maximum I should spend on this? Also there's a 1 yr old galaxy Note (19.5k) and 1 yr old galaxy S2(16k). What should be the ideal prices I can buy these?
Thanks.

You can buy a new Xperia P White/Black online for 17k via eBay with 1 year ServePro warranty. Go for it.
Yeah I had seen that price but kind of not too keen without manufacturer's warranty. I havent much gone through the servepro warranty thing. Will research and go through other threads on it and consider option as well. Any assurances regarding this warranty welcome :yes:

Xperia P is not worth the s*it imo, agreed it has a big screen and stunning color, bra engine, oops bravia engine I mean, great camera etc., but dude its battery suffers loose motions + Sony's least bothered about updates and the ROM's for a Sony phone are always low compared to HTC or Samsung, don't tell me you are sitting ducks on stock ROM. If you are really looking to purchase 1 of the 3 get the Note which is very good at the price (assuming condition is very good), S2 on the other end is losing its charm (the screen resolution is poor, even though it has a good camera etc., but the screen resolution won't make things look lively), check yourself by holding the 2 side by side and looking at the same image at the same time :).

- - - Updated - - -

Body can be covered with a case.

Not everybody is cool fitting a case on the phone :)

Yeah montsa007its a good looking screen but you are right about the battery issues and updates from sony. I was getting kinda inclined more towards S2 with the note feeling a little big for me. But I talked to a few note owners and they say size is not an issue once you warm up to it. I think handling for a while will make the decision better as you said.
Jambumali: Case is an option but that's an accessory and I dont want to buy a color I dont like and then keep it covered.
I was getting attracted towards LG optimus L9 but it's still not out and no hands-on reviews yet.

Xperia P is not worth the s*it imo, agreed it has a big screen and stunning color, bra engine, oops bravia engine I mean, great camera etc., but dude its battery suffers loose motions + Sony's least bothered about updates and the ROM's for a Sony phone are always low compared to HTC or Samsung, don't tell me you are sitting ducks on stock ROM. If you are really looking to purchase 1 of the 3 get the Note which is very good at the price (assuming condition is very good), S2 on the other end is losing its charm (the screen resolution is poor, even though it has a good camera etc., but the screen resolution won't make things look lively), check yourself by holding the 2 side by side and looking at the same image at the same time :).

=|, SONY is not the only company that is slow OR not forthcoming on the updates part.

Depending on which phone you bought even LG, MOTOROLA and SAMSUNG can be a pain to negotiate.

About battery life, it is pretty even. Only MOTOROLA's Defy models can hold the title of 'ultimate battery life' (with extended batteries). Almost all other handsets if you use like they are advertised to be used as end up struggling to make it past a day without a recharge. SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII did not have 4G switch off function till recently and it used to die in 8 hours whilst idling.

About the development scene, the XPERIA S and P have a decent repertoire of options to fill in. Development is on the slower end of things because of the non-standard chipsets (NovaThor U8500M not SnapDragon) used in the Sola, go and P.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s_vs_samsung_galaxy_s_ii-review-734.php

The SONY has better ports (upto date) and camera to boot.

Hi All,
I'm getting an offer for a 6 months old Sony Xperia P. The condition is good and the seller is quoting 18k. The new one's available online for 22k. At what price should I buy it? What should be the maximum I should spend on this? Also there's a 1 yr old galaxy Note (19.5k) and 1 yr old galaxy S2(16k). What should be the ideal prices I can buy these?
Thanks.
You can get a brand new xperia p priced at 17000 on ebay and the seller is giving 1 year servopro warranty for software as well as hardware defects .
BRAND NEW ORIGINAL SEALED SONY XPERIA P LT22i 3G NFC HSDPA MOBILE 8MP 16GB HDMI | eBay

congrats mate. Did you order today? What deal did you get and what's the delivery time? HS doesnt deliver phones in pune for some strange reason. Whats's the next best deal you found?
Thanks, i ordered it last night, delivery time is 10 days but it is false because i had ordered many products from homeshop in the past and they always mention delivery time as 10-11 days and actually deliver the product in 3-4 days max. Other deals were 1k off on all phones below 10k, 2k off on all phones below 20k and 4 k off on all phones above 20k.

The seller is ready to give the Red Xperia P I mentioned above in 15.5K. Even though the color is red, I can give it to my wife who'll just love the color. I have seen the phone and the condition is quite good since a lady was using it. Guys, should I jump for it now?

After having used Xperia S for a week, i recommend that you look for an Xperia S (2nd hand easily avl. for 15-16k), its much MUCH better than S2 (low resolution), Note (Personally I hate carrying a textbook as a phone in my pocket), however you may like it, Xperia P < Xperia S.

Xperia P < Xperia S.
I do agree that Xperia S is far better than P, but here I am thinking from the perspective of my wife as the user, who wont be bothered much about the updates and all. Looks, cam and screen would be her main requirements. So considering these aspects and that the phone still has 6 months warranty left, should I go for this?

Xperia S is way better mate,
12 MP Camera
Screen is life like, mind blowing (Thats the only thing that made me trade my mint Nexus with Xperia S)
Looks are also excellent (Am not sure about your wife's tastes but it feels very premium)

As I've said earlier, like you sony is least bothered about updates, but it runs on ICS, pretty brilliant.

I do suggest you look around for an Xperia S, if you can't find it settle for P. (Way better than a Note or S2 for ladies)

Back