How much should I pay for a really cheapo 2nd hand mobile phone?

PaulBarber

Disciple
Am looking for a cheap 2nd hand mobile phone. I have a particular mobile number which I need to keep active for a couple of months (coz of some reasons)> But it is not my main number, and I just need to keep it at home to use just in case. So I need a really cheap mobile to...well..make calls if needed..that's it. No need of camera or any fancy features whatsoever.

Even an old Nokia 3310 would do. I dont want to buy a new one, coz I'll anyway be throwing it away in 2-3 months. How much shud I expect to pay for an old but working mobile? Any ideas?

New Nokia 1110 for arnd 1600.... rock solid, great features/functionality. throw it, stomp it, it wont give up.

Else a second hand LG/motorola/Nokia will cost arnd 1k but will be unreliable

hmm...ok..thanks guys...if it goes beyond some 600-700 rupees, then I'll probby get a new one instead. Will check out a few shops maybe this weekend.

You can purchase a new Motorola F3 for ~ 900 , even has a 300 hours standby life because of the EPD display , texting would be a pain though

manu1991 said:
You can purchase a new Motorola F3 for ~ 900 , even has a 300 hours standby life because of the EPD display , texting would be a pain though

not only texting a pain bro... i had that phone.. whole handset pains... dont even hav a good vibration as well. speaker vibrates itself :Comp3: ..

better get nokia 3310.. for awesome ringtone volume level and a good vibrator. and it supports downloadable ringtones too :p

there are huawei and zte handsets in <1K range, one with vodafone here was for 1100/- incl sim etc :eek:hyeah: at least they are new though no frills

the really low end nokias are really good. the 120X series have really great keypads and are very durable ( my 1100 has suffered 2~3 launches from my car at 40~60kmph :D)

greenhorn said:
the really low end nokias are really good. the 120X series have really great keypads and are very durable ( my 1100 has suffered 2~3 launches from my car at 40~60kmph :D)

Agreed :) . My old Nokia 3315 also had many similar survival stories. It finally met it's end under the tyres of a KSRTC bus :D

3310/3315 is good but bulky.

The 1100 would be the best bet. No nonsense phone and nice keypad. You can probably keep it as a permanent standby phone. If you can get a 2nd hand one in good condition for half price, nothing like it.

Back