How to activate 3G net browsing on Android phone

Smriti

Banned
I am unable to browse Internet on 3G connection on my HTC Sensation Android phone. Can anybody tell me what is the process to activate 3G Internet browsing in your phone (I already have subscribed to 3G services). Please tell me the step-by-step process.

ya will need to enter the APN related to the carrier you are using...search for APNs for your career online and enter it and you will be able to browse

Smriti said:
Thanks Rishabh & Raksrules..

I am using airtel

On your phone go to settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names (or similar) and see if you have already got an entry named Airtelgprs.com or Mobile office. If yes then just select that one and tick the "data enabled" and you are good to go.

Incase it is not available then you will need to create a new APN entry with name as "Mobile office" and APN as airtelgprs.com and then save and select it.

in above setting of APN---keep everything else blank and just enter airtelgprs.com in apn field and save this apn.

you should see h+ in you signal area and also to check ,force your phone to 3g only mode by selecting wcdma only out of three settings of auto,gsm only and wcdma only.

Browsing speed is fine on Airtel 3G. I have used reliance datacard, which was way better..So, I guess Reliance would be faster..:)

Back