How to activate internet on my phone?

prohank

Disciple
Hi guys.
I never thought this problem could be so difficult to post it here.
Anyways my cell phone is Samsung Galaxy 3 GT I5801 and service provider is TATA DOCOMO.
I called the customer care many times but they cant send settings to me.
I have also searched the net...here is the address of some interactive explanation of how to activate GPRS which is a very good move by docomo actually but still its not perfect,there are many cellphones in which this settings can't be made.

GPRS 3G | Best GPRS Plan in India | Cheapest GPRS Plan India | Tata DOCOMO

So if anyone out there has faced this situation anytime please please help me.
Thanks..

IINM, in docomo all you need to do is set the Apn as tata.docomo.internet

Leave everything else blank.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

^ Strange. I think docomo sims are pre activated for internet. All you need is settings and in android there is only the apn to be entered, no proxy or anything like that unless you want to use Wap which is useless.

Maybe try it on a nokia to see if it works so at least you know if gprs is activated for use in your sim.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Docomo sucks at this.

I bought new sim which got activated within 1/2hr. With it i got 2gb of net free :). Then too i was not able to talk to their cc coz my documents never reached them (as told by my cousin who faced similar issues previously) & nor i was able to access the net settings menu on their ivr.:chair:

I had to call 4 days daily to them for the settings. Even their sms technique for net settings never worked for me. Finally on night of 4th day, i got access to cc & the guy dictated me the web settings and then only i was able to enjoy net on docomo. :clap:

Finally!!!

If you want i will post the complete settings here or pm you but its better you first ask the guys whats the matter from their sides.

And plz plz their website literally sucks to its core. Totally useless.:mad:

Uninor & Videocon sites are far better designed and categorized where you can actually find what you are looking for.:D

And if you are thinking to speaks to the nodal person, then be prepared to speak to them twice...atleast.:(

Thanks all for your precious time and advice.

I have done the way arun told me but unfortunately its not working.

However I would completely agree with ronit, you can say I went through the same process every word of it except I am on my 3rd day of trying.

Docomo service really sucks.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ronit said:
its better you first ask the guys whats the matter from their sides.
They are saying the same 'your documents didn't reach'.

ronit said:
If you want i will post the complete settings here or pm you

Eagerly waiting.

Thanks

^ Ok in that case it seems the problem is indeed from their end that they've not activated your sim for internet access. Docomo service is a PITA, maybe once they get your docs within a week or so, they would activate it.

Thanks all specially arun and ronit for your time.

I am posting this because finally I got the solution for my problem.This was just 2 days after the last post was made on this thread but i forgot to mention it here since I was very excited and busy browsing internet on my phone.Also after coming to TE after so many days I realized that I had to post my long sought solution and it was very simple too.

It was like this:-Wireless and networking---->Mobile Network---->Data Roaming(Check).

But a piece of advice from my side,always disable it when on roaming coz it may incur significant charges.

I found out this myself after expeimenting.:)

Enjoy mate !

As far I know , Data Charges dont cost extra while roaming . You just need to have the Pack ( 2Gb for 98 - Airtel ) activated . Never been charged extra for using net while roaming !

^^Hmm.Did you gave an eg of Airtel or you have been using airtel?
Because airtel provides free roaming I think.
currently I am using docomo and anyways I was thinking of changing to airtel because of that reason but if you say its not gonna affect then there's no point in shifting.:)

Back