How to build such a Monitor Wall of 9 Monitors of 4K Resolution and 42 Inch Screen Size?

alpha5555

Disciple
Hello friends, I am looking for various suggestions for creating a wall of 9 Monitors, as shown in these snaps -

20240928 160244.png

Please - notice the very thin bezels between the monitors, from all four sides in this monitor wall -

20240928 160344.png

If you have gone to any of the "KIA Automobile" showrooms, then you would have seen such monitor wall of atleast 4 monitors there. Bigger showrooms have got bigger monitor walls as well. I can share a few more snaps for various type of monitor walls later on.

First of all, I would like to explain why I need such a large screen.
The main reason is that I have to watch a lot of Stock Market CHARTS for many different companies SIMULTANEOUSLY at one time, for spotting and monitoring the trading opportunities. I like to watch a lot of Charts, Graphs, Visualization Dashboards etc. simultaneously and I want to avoid the trouble of continuously flipping or changing different screens in order to see different charts. That's why making this investment into building a huge screen, which would give me a lot SCREEN SPACE in the form of huge number of pixels in which I can fit in all my required information.

Please note that this is purely for my office / professional work only and not for any type of entertainment. And this will never be used for watching any movies or for playing any type of video games etc. So please keep this point in your mind, while making any suggestions. The various features which are important for video games and movies watching etc. are not at all relevant in my particular case, because of the above reasons.

Also, I will never be using this monitor wall outside of my office, so the normal type of LED TV Walls which are generally used in external exhibitions and marriage parties etc. will not work for me, because I need proper 4K UHD Resolution for reading the details on the charts and excel sheets.

In order to make this monitor wall, I think that these monitors should have the following features, please correct me if I have missed any important points -

Ideally, the monitor should have the “THINNEST BEZEL POSSIBLE”, because otherwise the bezels will create disturbance in the big screen wall. If there is any monitor model which is bezel less from “ALL FOUR SIDES” then that would be the best for me, otherwise I will have to settle with a monitor with bezel less design from three sides, as a substitute. The bezel from the sides should not be more than 2 mm and it should be thinnest possible on the bottom portion as well.

Just to clarify what I mean by Four Side Bezel Less Design, please check this Monitor LG 24MP88HV-S - https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/lg-24MP88HV
Although it does not meet most of my other requirements, still it has the "Bezel Less Design from ALL FOUR SIDES" and I am looking for something similar, but with the following other features with it -

Feature - My requirements regarding this particular feature

Screen Size - 40+ inches minimum size, anything smaller then that will not work, as explained in paragraphs given below.
Resolution - 3840 x 2160 (4K) minimum, I do not want lower resolution monitors than this, as explained later.
Refresh Rate - 60 Hz is sufficient
Response Time - 5ms (GTG) or less
Brightness - minimum 400 nits
Contrast Ratio - 1000:1 at least
Screen Type - Matt Finish only, as the Glossy Finish is not suitable because they cause excessive reflection problem.
Panel Type - IPS, because they support the widest viewing angles.
Viewing Angles - 178°/178° is a must, because I would be standing at a distance of about 5 to 8 feet from this monitor wall and I would be viewing it from different angles. I am not going to sit directly in front of it, all the time.

Ports - Only one HDMI and Display port are needed, and NO OTHER SPECIAL PORTS ARE REQUIRED OF ANY TYPES, because these monitors will remain hung on a wall and I will not be able to use any other ports anyway, so any money spent on special ports is a total wastage in my specific case.

Monitor Stand - is not needed, as I will not be putting these monitors on any tables, instead they will all be hanged on the wall.
VESA Wall Mount Interface - is needed, without which the monitor wall cannot be made
Power Consumption - Ideally it should consume less power, as it will remain ON almost 10 hours on a daily basis. I have not calculated the energy bills yet, so not sure about running costs of such monitor walls.

I want to avoid the monitors given below, because they do not fit my requirements for different reasons -

Various Smart TV Hybrid Models like -

LG 43" Ultrafine™ Smart Monitor 43SQ700 - https://www.amazon.in/LG-UltrafineTM-Wireless-Connectivity-Speakers/dp/B0C8JLD86D/

SAMSUNG M7 43" LS43BM700UWXXL - https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-m7...ers-monitor-ls43bm700uwxxl/p/itm4b93925222497

Because I will not be using any of my screens for watching TV ever, so I would prefer a pure monitor rather then going with the Smart TV Monitors. Moreover, most of these have glossy screens which are quite reflective.

Various PREMIUM Graphic Designer Monitor Models like -

Dell UltraSharp 43 4K USB-C Hub Monitor - U4323QE https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/del...3qe/apd/210-bfoq/monitors-monitor-accessories

Benq PD3225U

Because these are very High-End Premium Category monitors which have got very accurate colors and are suitable for graphic designing type of work. They have got tons of special ports etc. as well, which will never be used by me, because all my monitors would be hanging on a wall.

It does not make sense for me to spend this much extra money for all these features which are not at all relevant in my specific case. Therefor I will try my best to avoid these expensive premium monitors, if possible.

Various Monitor Models which are build for Video Gamers specifically, like -
SAMSUNG LS43CG700NW 1.08 m Neo G7 UHD Gaming Monitor with 144Hz, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro and Smart features https://www.samsung.com/in/monitors...70nc-43-inch-144hz-1ms-4k-uhd-ls43cg700nwxxl/

Because all these special premium features which are extremely useful for video gamers, will serve no purpose in my case, as explained above.

Reflection problem -

If you just watch this 30 second video clip, starting at the time stamp of 9 minutes 35 seconds -

Then you would clearly notice, how much difference does it makes in reflection, if you have a matt monitor vs a glossy monitor. I need my monitor wall to have minimum reflection possible.

Because of this type of reflection problems, I do not want to buy the various OLED TV's from LG etc. I need to have a matt finish monitor only.

20240928 155314.png

Please NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE in REFLECTION between these two monitors -

20240928 163509.png

A few other relevant points are explained below -

Why 4K only and why not go for lower resolution monitors?

I need to have more screen SPACE in terms of number of pixels, so that I can put in more information on to a single screen. Just having a big size screen does not solve my intended purpose. For example if the screen resolution itself is just 1920*1080, then it really does not make much difference if I see this information on a huge screen size, because that will simply make the files, folders, charts, graphs etc. look larger, but I will not be able to display the same amount of information which I could easily show on a 4K UHD 3840*2160 pixels screen. I need to have more pixels and not just a bigger screen size in order to see the total amount of information which needs to be displayed at one time.

Why screen size of 40 inches plus, why not go for 32 inch screen?

Because if I look at the 4K monitor screen of 32" from 5 feet distance, then I could barely read the fonts from excel sheet or text files etc. And I am forced to make use of the Windows Upscaling feature to increase the SCALE to minimum 150 % in order to read these fonts. But this upscaling decreases the amount of information that could be displayed on the screen at one time.

Why not go for one 8K monitor which would have same number of pixels as 4 monitors of 4K?

Because in that case also I will need to do 150 % upscaling in order to be able to read the fonts etc. and I want to use the monitors at their default 100 % scale.

Some calculations regarding the overall dimensions of this monitor wall -

Suppose we take this LG 43 inch monitor for reference purpose - "LG Ultrafine Smart Monitor 43SQ700",
which has -
Height of 576.58 mm or 22.7 inch or 1.8917 feet
Width of 967.74mm or 38.1 inch or 3.175 feet

So, if we arrange this into a grid of 3*3 monitors, the resulting monitor wall will have -
Height of 68.1 inch or 5.675 feet
Width of 114.3 inch or 9.525 feet

And since each of these 4K UHD monitors have a resolution of 3840*2160, they have 82,94,400 pixels per monitor.
And total 7,46,49,600 pixels for this 9 monitor wall.

Monitor Dealers

If anyone here knows some dealer who deals in bulk order for monitors, then I can place this order of 9 monitors with him, if he could give me some better offer compared with the online prices. I am also fine if I will need to wait for a few months to get them delivered, if these needs to be imported from China etc.

Any other important points or aspects being missed by me?

This is the first time that I am making such a monitor wall, so I might be making some silly mistakes. If you notice anything then please point it out without hesitation. I welcome all type of feedback, critics, ideas etc. Your views would be very important for me, as this is going to be a big investment and I want to make sure that I get it right, the very first time.

Thank you so much for your time.
Best Regards

Last edited:
Back