How to buy a pool of IPs?

jammy12345

Recruit
Hello guys,

I am going to start my own ISP, so I would like to know-

1. How can I register IPs in the name of my company?
2. How an ISP get an ASN number?

You would need to get an APNIC IP pool allocated. Alternatively you can purchase an IP block /24 or below from an ISP (TATA, Sify, Bharti). This pool can further be used in your network (you would need to justify the IP pool).
AS number can be taken from the provider supplying the IP pool to you.

I can suggest you get membership from RIPE NCC and buy your range from there, which is like easiest and cheapest as of now and your can announce your range from asia or whareever you want to utilise.
Generally IP pools allocated to India are APNIC IPs. RIPE is primarily used in Europe while an ARIN registry is used in the Americas.

Generally IP pools allocated to India are APNIC IPs. RIPE is primarily used in Europe while an ARIN registry is used in the Americas.

its possible with RIPE to announce their range with any provider worldwide. Going APNIC is way too costly and time consuming. I have multiple /22 ranges from RIPE being announced from USA.

Don't forget, you should get a "Provider Independent" block (Called PI Block in conversations), which can be advertised in global BGP by you via any provider. That way you won't be tied to one ISP.

Back