How to Buy from EBAY.COM while sitting in India

Hi Guys,

Simple query, i ll break down in points -

1. Need to order/bid on ebay.com.
2. Ship to a particular address in US
3. Payment through PayPal (whats the procedure to get one)
4. Ship to US address after payment
5. All this needs to be done from India

Thanks

Yes you can do that easily if you have an Indian ebay id. I will break it down for you in points.
1. Prepare an ebay id for yourself on www.ebay.in website and then log in.
2. Open the link of that particular product if its an ebay product.
3. If that ebay product accepts paypal its fine then you can make the payment through your paypal or you can use Paisa pay to make the payment for which you would have to register yourself on Paisapay which is a part of ebay india only to send & receive payments. It directly gets deducted from your Indian bank act then.
4. You can ship the product to any address that you want in India or US. But first check the shipping condition whether they ship in US or not..

Let me know if you need any more help and we all are here from the forum to help you out bro.

Hi Guys,

Simple query, i ll break down in points -

1. Need to order/bid on ebay.com.
2. Ship to a particular address in US
3. Payment through PayPal (whats the procedure to get one)
4. Ship to US address after payment
5. All this needs to be done from India

Thanks

I don't know whether you want to bring the item to India or not. I am assuming you want the item to be shipped within US. You need to sign up for Paypal in order pay on ebay.com. For registering on Paypal you would need to have a PAN card and a Debit or Credit card. You can create a US shipping address on ebay so that the item is delivered to your required destination.

1. Need to order/bid on ebay.com. - Yes, you can do it from India.
2. Ship to a particular address in US - Yes, you can, create the address you need the item to be delivered to on ebay.com
3. Payment through PayPal (whats the procedure to get one) - You can, need to register for an individual account. You need a PAN card, Debit or credit card for authentication and payment purpose.
4. Ship to US address after payment - Yes, the item will be delivered to the Paypal/Ebay US address.
5. All this needs to be done from India - Yes, all this can be done from India.

However do check whether or not the seller has a condition that he will only ship to the address linked to/registered with the Paypal account. In that case, I'm not really sure if a workaround exists.

@John4321 @kidrow @GPMlore

Thanks for your inputs.

Here's the current status -

1. Have an ebay.in acount (use the same for ebay.com)
2. Registered for paypal, got banl account confirmation done, however PAN verification is still pending so have written a mail to them
3. Will bid on ebay.com (prior to that will add USA address in my address list)
4. Use paypal to pay & get the material shipped in USA itself.

However, if the buyer has mentioned that the paypal address & shipping address needs to be same, then there will be challenge. Will try to avoid such deals.

Addresses should be same afaik. So just change your PayPal address to match the eBay one temporarily, that'd work right? And obviously you need a Credit Card to have successful transaction via PayPal. Oh I never provided any PAN card, and everything is activated, transacted multiple time with eBay.com! where do you see that verification option?

Thanks mates for the replies. The current status is -
1. Paypal account fully verified.
2. Ebay account linked with paypal
3. Have updated USA address in Ebay & made it primary shipping address.
4. Will bid now :)

I want to buy mobile in ebay .com and seller will ship to India with USPS express is it safe to buy and wt will be the import duty's is cost more

I want to buy mobile in ebay .com and seller will ship to India with USPS express is it safe to buy and wt will be the import duty's is cost more

Yes, its safe to Purchase, but if its with USPS, that means then it will come to Indian Post office. And you know how restless these people are. So take 1 month for the Post office and all. Instead, ask your seller some other Option like DHL/Fedex or any other shipping Option

Okay thanks but what about import duty's like I wanted buy HTC m8 unlocked for around 350$, what will be its import dutys and other handing cost? And one more thing if i pay by India debt card is there any extra charges for that?

[Mod edit: Please avoid SMS lingo]

Last edited by a moderator:
Akshay, I have never bought any Phones from other country. I just buy leather covers and have tied up in Indian Market and sell them out. I Purchase in bulk and sell them to all the wholesalers. In retail they cost high all genuine leather/PU leather covers for Phones/Tablets

Back