How to buy I-Phone from US ?

sunzeal

Disciple
My friend went to US for some business and coming back.

I want to get I-Phone 4S, now is it possible to buy as he doesn't have any address proof and stuff.!!

Yes, the locked one ofcourse
<

My friend went to US for some business and coming back.

I want to get I-Phone 4S, now is it possible to buy as he doesn't have any address proof and stuff.!!

Yes, the locked one ofcourse
<

You need to have a social security number to buy a locked phone from the operator. And also need to take an appropriate mobile plan (which includes data) form them and enter into a two year aggrement. This is if you are going through operator.

Another option is to check on ebay if someone is selling the locked handset and buy it from there (but it wont be 199$). Then it is upto you to get it unlocked (provided unlock is available).

I had bought an AT&T locked iPhone 4 from ebay and then did a software unlock (Ultrasn0w) on it. Working fine with Tmobile curently.

You need to have a social security number to buy a locked phone from the operator. And also need to take an appropriate mobile plan (which includes data) form them and enter into a two year aggrement. This is if you are going through operator.

Another option is to check on ebay if someone is selling the locked handset and buy it from there (but it wont be 199$). Then it is upto you to get it unlocked (provided unlock is available).

I had bought an AT&T locked iPhone 4 from ebay and then did a software unlock (Ultrasn0w) on it. Working fine with Tmobile curently.

oh, what does social security number mean ? can i obtain from any resident of US ?

Also, i plan to us I-Phone in India, so it would be Indian carrier, and i plan to jail break it.

So if i get a social security number from US resident, can i buy I-Phone and later jail break it ?

^ Dude SSN is like a unique ID for each American citizen. No one would give it away just like that. Think of it as giving your PAN number to someone so that he can do a transaction in your name. And if you still don't get it, don't bother
<

oh, what does social security number mean ? can i obtain from any resident of US ?

Also, i plan to us I-Phone in India, so it would be Indian carrier, and i plan to jail break it.

So if i get a social security number from US resident, can i buy I-Phone and later jail break it ?

No one will give you SSN. It is like giving your entire identitfy and is a receipe of credit history disaster if you buy the phone using the SSN and then defualting on the monthly payments.

Better put your 700$ and buy the unlocked piece for piece of mind.

^ Dude SSN is like a unique ID for each American citizen and anyone on a work eligible visa (like me
<
)
. No one would give it away just like that. Think of it as giving your PAN number to someone so that he can do a transaction in your name. And if you still don't get it, don't bother
<

Added few things
<

Back