Storage Solutions How to Check My Internal HDD for Errors?

sam9953

Adept
Hello guys, its been nearly 2 weeks since my laptop suddenly suffered a strange and sudden HDD crash. Everything was going fine, my HP G62005ax was working so well and now suddenly each time I boot it says : unable to boot please insert disk , and after somehow it does boot. The biggest problem and the reason why I am creating this thread is that my laptop just keeps HANGING now and works VERY SLOW. After every few minutes it hangs, I don't exactly know if the there is a problem with the HDD or what the problem is exactly because I have reformatted my laptop with the factory settings like three times and each time this problem occurs and also when I used ScanDisk it showed no error.
And biggest problem is that my laptop is nomore under warranty. Please help me to solve this extreme slow speed and this "unable to boot" error.

immediately backup important data to some other storage media, check the HDD with HDTune and crystal diskinfo and post the screenshots.

You can also use a Hiren Boot CD which will allow you to detect internal hdd errors without booting your primary OS which can be time consuming if the hdd has bad sectors or any other errors.

Back