Camera How to clean Camera Lens ??

AceMcCloud

Disciple
Hey,

I have Sony Cybershot H10-B digital camera with me.

Recently, I noticed few spots on the landscape shots that I took with it. I ignored it previously thinking it might have to do something with the landscape itself, because the spots were not visible in close shots.

However, when I got them repeatedly on the long landscape shots I was taking, I examined the camera lens closely and found a few specs of fibers INSIDE the camera lens.

They must have come when I tried cleaning the lens with my T-shirt in a hurry on beach I visited recently.

I tried blowing lightly in the lens but stopped after a couple of try with the fear of moisture condensing inside the lens.

Is there anyway I can clean those specs because they are really bothering me now...I know the last option is to take the camera for servicing but the Sony guys charge a hell of a money...

and the worst part, my one year warrenty on the camera ended last week.:(:(

No no - hoover might not work. You can buy compressed air. It comes in cans sold in the electronics and PC shops. I am still not sure how you can use it to clean the glass if the dirt is inside of the lenses. I would get it serviced.

A friend of mine had the same problem on his 2 year old Sony-H5 and he took it to Sony service station somewhere in Mumbai. Surprisingly, they changed the entire lens for him and did not charge him a penny???

Try getting in touch with a service center first and see how it goes...

Back