How to clear session log-on information over network ?

AceMcCloud

Disciple
Guys...

I am looking for a solution to clear the logon information (user session) over a network while accessing my computer from a different one.

To go into more details and elaborate, here's the story

I shared a file onto my laptop (running Win7 64bit), but had the network security enabled. This essentially meant that no one would have access to my machine/files (even the ones I shared) unless they had an account on my machine. However, I did now go over to my roomie's laptop and tried accessing the files. Windows asked me to provide login credentials to access my laptop, and I used my Admin credentials to log on to my machine. I copied the file and closed the network window. But just to double check, I navigated to the network folder and tried accessing my shared folders again, and this time windows did not ask me to enter my credentials. It seems my log-on information was stored and there was no way to actually log-off. I did google around a lot, but could not find any solution to this. The only remedy was to log-off from my friend's machine and then ask him to log in again.

But the question remains, if I access my shared files over a network from a remote computer using my login credentials, there should be an option to just log-off once my work is finished. I have tried using << net use, net session, shutdown (didnt work at all) >> but all these commands just killed the session, and not actually logged me off. When I tried accessing the folders again, there was no prompt for authentication and I could access the folders right away.

Tried a different approach of logging off any network connected users from MY laptop, but dont seem to get an option for that too.

P.S. : My roomie is using Windows Vista 32bit.
Mods, Please move this post to relevant section if needed.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

:( .. come on guys.. no replies

Back