All OS How to compare cameras?

Hi. How would you like a comparison test to look like in a comparison video on youtube between two phones? Please give some advice!
On YT I've never been happy with their comparisons because you need access to image data to understand what the camera saw.

If I can get the originals of the photos taken then compare them yourself and keep an eye on the image data when things don't look right. You can get these from GSMarena with some effort. They always have the originals on their server.

I'm saying the best person to do this is yourself and after a few hours of pixel peeping you will understand the differences if they matter at all. These days the differences are really small. Five years ago the difference was more. There was a thread here a week or so back comparing iPhone SE with the latest iPhone 14 Pro and everyone expects the latter to just blow away the other but when you start looking closer at the photos you can see some improvements but they are quite slight. The better phone is better because it offers you more cameras or ways to get the shot.

This is that thread, check out the linked video on youtube, he has posted a link to his G-drive so download the photos. So get them and compare photos of the two phones yourself as an exercise. This way you don't need some influencer to tell you which is better. You know how to do it yourself. His channel is about comparing phone cameras so check out his other videos which he will upload every week,

I only tend to look at details. How the photo looks and other subjective stuff I leave out. This is what some reviewers focus on and will grade a phone on how well it gets that balance right.

Last edited:
Back