How to connect PC and Laptop (Wireless)

I have a Dell laptop n i want 2 connect it to my pc. I have a wireless router. Linksys router. How do i transfer files from my pc to the laptop wirelessly??? :huh: .

You can do this but it is kind of slow for large files :)

Go to "Start"

> "Control Pane"

> "Networking Setup Wizard"

> "Next"

> "Next"

> "No, Let me choose another way to connect to th Internet"

>"This is Computer connects to the internet through a residential Gateway ......"

> Give your computer a name (description can be left blank)

> This is important under work group name, give the laptop and pc same workgroup name.

>Also VERY IMPORTANT Turn on file and Printer sharing.

Ok this is to be done on both computers (either copy and import settings as given by Xp at the end, or redo whole process on both computers)

Next if you have shared folders, you can drag files into the shared folders and you will be able to see, share and copy them to the other computer.

Or

right click on folder you want to share

> left click on properties

> right click on sharing tab (you have to make sure that "Display simple folder view in Explorer's folder list" is unchecked under Windows Explorer>Tools>View)

> left click on Share this folder

> set permissions

This folder will now show up on other computer under Windows Explorer > My Network Places > Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > "Workgroup Name" (the one you chose earlier)

> the computer the file is on.......

To make this is easier you can select the folder and map it to a network drive - Explorer>Tools>Map Network Drive - so that the folder will be mapped to a drive letter on the computer and will always be easily accessible as long as the computer hosting the folder is on.

Back