How to create custom linux distro?

How can we create a customized linux distro...?

I don wan to create from scratch but want to use ubuntu or fedora and replace the logos(including boot), create custom theme, add custom softwares..etc

Kindly give me your suggestions....

Try Reconstructor. It helps to create customized/create own disk image with ease. You can add various packages and customize the look and feel of the desktop. You can customize a whole lot more using this awesome web application. The best part is the fact that you don’t have to run a single command. Once completed, your build is ready for download.

Yeah i have already tried that.

But i want to edit even the installation images, the whole OS name etc.... i.e people shouldn't be able to make out that its ubuntu...

I've heard of (but never tried) the "Linux From Scratch" thing... search for the term, try it, and let us know how it goes!

I'm trying out LFS. That's different thing. It's building a Linux System whole from scratch(Which is ofcourse not what OP wanted).

Hmm, Im sure a few google searches should get something good, like this (old) link: Rebranding Fedora with Revisor — Revisor

Not sure how far it goes in removing all traces/naming of the original distro.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW search term like "rebrand linux" or "rebrand ubuntu", "rebrand fedora" etc...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And just came across this "SUSE Studio" while wikipedia surfing: SUSE Studio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back