How to create VCD file like wedding cameramen

Shanpav12

Disciple
hello,

I have used Photodvd maker and created SVCD and VCD 2.0 stil images VCD disc,but they dont play on older standalone vcd players which are in the houses of my relatives. So, I wanted to know how to create a simple VCD disc that contains MPGAV file with Avseq1.dat like video files,Which normally wedidng Cameramens give us to watch on TV VCD players.I have created MPEG-1 file now want a software to create MPGAV

VCD file and burn it on a Balnk CD R.Thanks

Fire up Nero>nero express>video/picture>video cd
Now add your photos and burn it to a CD, your VCD is ready :)

Alternately you can use nero vision, there you can add effects and background music as well

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

2nd one is better

No, in my Nero 9 Essentials came with the DVd Writer their is only DVd Video files in Video/Picture segment, so now how to create VCD file or Disc with it.

Thanks

In that case just create a video file out of the pictures using windows movie maker.
Next burn the movie file to a disc.
For this in nero express select vcd option. If ur having problem with nero 9, then get a tool called
photo2vcd
google for dwnld link:)

Even I have the same doubt,,,I downloaded the DVD rips of around 700 MB avi files to make VCDs of them which I could play on the VCD player at my home

but when i tried to make a Video CD with nero when I added the avi file in the CD to burn it ,,,,it crossed the 700 MB limit and was showing me around 1099 MB

now this is confusing,,,,Can anyone guide me in this about how to burn a Video CD with a 700 MB DVD rip AVI to play on an old VCD player using nero or any other software??

^^ Thats normal, avi and DAT (vcd one) files are not the same, both are encoded with different compression method. Vcd files or DAT files are MPEG-1 files whereas avi files are MPEG 4 (divx/xvid/etc/)
Vcd files are based on time, for example in a 700 mb disc, you can burn video of length 80 minutes and not more then that. So while trying to burn a dvd rib of 700 mb to a disc as a vcd the play time of the video exceed then 80 minutes.

For this convert the dvd rip with any video converter to MPEG-1 format, then burn the converted files to a compact disc.
mack sure you split the conversion at 700 mb.
You can try Xilisoft video converter Ultimate for this method, before converting select split at 700 mb in the right side pane.

Hope i an clear to you :)

Thanks a lot CA50.....

just one more small doubt,,,,I had about ten movies all DVD rips to be made into VCDs.....only one of them that is ICE AGE 3 I was able to successfully burn into a VCD without any conversion to MPEG1 ,,,i directly burn it into a VCD from the 700 mb DVD rip ...

How was I successful,,,is it because the ICE AGE 3 movie is below the 80 minutes mark and so I was successful or any thing else?

^^^ well when you burned with nero, nero converted it to vcd format before burning it,

P.S.: I would suggest you to keep the movies as dvd rip, because in this you get better AV quality and when you convert it to vcd the picture quality drops. Better get a new dvd player from the market. Now a days dvd player as low as 1.2k can play such avi files that too from a flash drive directly

Back