How to Damage a Li Ion Battery

xenaxance

Disciple
well How to Damage a Li Ion Battery??

tried a lot of things..
that includes

#throwing battery
#fully discharging and then charging(well that causes battery to heat up, nothing else)
#cooled the heated battery directly under freezer
#kept it under sunlight for an hour

still that stubborn battery performs normally :facepalm:
(i want to get a new battery before my warranty ends)

thats why i'm asking... how to do it properly..
so that it should look like a manufacturing fault..
i got this error several times "Your battery is on temporary failure state"

Now I am not sure we are talking about which gadget here. But if it is a mobile than IINM; battery warranty is just 6 months and not 1 year. So if it IS mobile and 6 months have passed; please do not torturer it.

why do you want to damage your battery , if its not performing well then send for warranty else it makes no sense for you to damage your battery mate ,make good use of the warranty services not abuse it.

You really needn't damage the battery. It's probably already damaged to some extent if you get the "Your battery is on temporary failure state" error. Just state that as your problem and get a new battery by warranty.

Now I am not sure we are talking about which gadget here. But if it is a mobile than IINM; battery warranty is just 6 months and not 1 year. So if it IS mobile and 6 months have passed; please do not torturer it.

its a laptop battery

why do you want to damage your battery , if its not performing well then send for warranty else it makes no sense for you to damage your battery mate ,make good use of the warranty services not abuse it.

i'm getting this message "Your battery is on temporary failure state"
after a restart its "Your battery is Performing Normally"
i called the service center
the guy says 'sir your battery is performing normally'
it happened like 3 to 4 times
1st time was around first week(i bought my laptop around dec 2011)
2nd 3rd are from last month
4th time was like 10 days ago

i was facing problems with laptop charger..
called dell for same..
and explained problem with battery..
got my charger and my battery replaced:)
i was also having some problems with the DVD drive.. and as a replacement i received a blu-ray drive:happy26:

What's the usual battery back-up time ?

Lenovo guys do not test the battery before replacing it ( at least in my case). I called the CC,gave the details abt my laptop and i exchanged the battery after 2 weeks from lenovo care.

You have 3-4 months time and if its not performing as expected(now), it will die out soon.

What's the usual battery back-up time ?
i can't say any thing about battery backup as its constantly varying with the usage..
Approximately its around 5 hours on balanced mode

Lenovo guys do not test the battery before replacing it ( at least in my case). I called the CC,gave the details abt my laptop and i exchanged the battery after 2 weeks from lenovo care.
also Dell guys don't do any kinda tests..
its the CC guys... asks like several thousand questions.. :scared14:
my friend also had some prob with his Lenovo Ideapad..
he had an acquaintance at Lenovo service center..
the guy asked him to call CC and tell them that he gets battery backup of 15 min.. and they replaced his battery.. no tests

You have 3-4 months time and if its not performing as expected(now), it will die out soon.
what do you mean by that

I mean if the backup time isnt consistent,it must be dying
You can change the battery before dec 12. so you have 4 months time.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

So someone is talking about committing fraud ?

Take Note mods

:lol: hope you r kidding.

I mean if the backup time isnt consistent,it must be dying
You can change the battery before dec 12. so you have 4 months time.

the parts dell sends as replacement are mostly the refurbished ones
so do you know any tool to measure proper backup of the battery

Just take a piss on the battery. Make sure your laptop is running at the time, you do so.

:lol: OP you should do that.

Thanks to people like OP we get sub standard warranty claims. Take the system for a ride any company dealing with A.S.S will say no to genuine claims as well.

well i tried these things :crash: :6807c8d4:

#throwing battery
#fully discharging and then charging(well that causes battery to heat up, nothing else)
#cooled the heated battery directly under freezer
#kept it under sunlight for an hour

nothing happened :5da69969:

Just take a piss on the battery. Make sure your laptop is running at the time, you do so.
since my battery is replaced i won't try that..
you do it .. and let us know.. the results :crutch:

Back