Windows How to decide on Windows and Office versions?

ajish65

Patron
Hello,
I am not very well versed with all the different Windows and Office versions (Pro, Home etc.) so I need some help with deciding which is the best licenses for Windows 11 and Office (Windows not Mac) without any account binding, limitations or subscription. Was planning to get it from guy in this thread. Also, is Office 21 the best choice? Like I said, not very sure so please help.

Want a one time payment kind of thing, not monthly/annual payment.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT for usage as I should have elaborated: "Home use" only, some gaming, mainly browsing and Netflix, nothing hardcore. For Office, I need it for work (mainly Word with some Excel and Powerpoint) and free options sometimes have compatibility issues with Office that clients are running (fonts not showing/available, formatting is off etc.) which I don't want to deal with, and don't want to run unlicensed Office, hence need a license.

Last edited:
Get win10 pro license, should work fine with win11 pro if it's a retail/OEM key. Confirm it's not a MAK key.
As for office, get Home and Student if you use mostly Word/Excel/Powerpoint only. The 2019/2021 don't matter much tbh you can google the difference.

Office 365 is what is subscription based not the ones which have the year (2016/2019/2021) in it.

Depending on your usage, which you should elaborate, get just a windows 11 home licence (retail not oem) for under 1k and use the free software called libreoffice ...

Get win10 pro license, should work fine with win11 pro if it's a retail/OEM key. Confirm it's not a MAK key.
As for office, get Home and Student if you use mostly Word/Excel/Powerpoint only. The 2019/2021 don't matter much tbh you can google the difference.

Office 365 is what is subscription based not the ones which have the year (2016/2019/2021) in it.
That helps a lot! I think I'll go for the latest Office then. Thanks!

Better get the free version of Win 11, setup a offline account and if you really need MS Office only, then use the web version of office...
Thanks for the reply. Already bought keys for both from TE only.
Already had the free Windows; wanted to remove the watermark and also install Wallpaper Engine.

Back