How to do Fiber Optic Network.?

NIRALI

Disciple
I require fast data access.

1 How to do Fiber Optic Networking do for 10 computers in one office?

2 What kind of equipment require ?

3 Which company do such kind of work ?

Why would you want a Fiber Optic Network for 10 computers :S. ???

Fiber Optic Cables are hellishly expensive.

Just use normal Cat5/6 cables :S.

Aditya said:
Why would you want a Fiber Optic Network for 10 computers :S. ???

Fiber Optic Cables are hellishly expensive.

Just use normal Cat5/6 cables :S.

At present my network cat 6 and 1000 mbps with each have 1 gb RAM. but it is slow. so I think for fiber optic network.

AFAIK, fiber optic networks are used for connecting two networks separated by a distnace beyond the normal limit for CAT5/6 (100 mtrs?)

the last mile (or metre) connection in your case would still be CAt5/6 so using an optical netwok wouldn't help increase the thoroughput

Frankly, at gigabit speeds, the bottleneck shifts from the network to the hard drives of the individual machines. The slowness is probably cos of some other issue and not the network... either the individual machines or viruses/worms and what not. I transfer stuff between my desky and lappy using a CAT6 cable for gigabit speeds. Its always the case that the hard drive is the bottleneck. Unless you have a pair of striped raptors, it'll always be a hard drive bottleneck... that is unless u are using a pokey PCI network chip :p.

before checking in all that do check your network eqipment if it is configyred for maximum throughput also what servers r u using, scsi hdds

also check ur equipment for duplex mode etc etc therz a long list,ur setup is more than enough for 50 computers

Back