Graphic Cards How To Flash My Gfx Card's Bios?

mav3r1ck

Disciple
hi there,

i have an AGP8X 256 MB Nvidia FX 5700LE (XFX Brand). i have heard a lot about flashing a card's BIOS and increasing the performance. i want to flash my card's BIOS with that of a 5700 vanilla or better still, a 5700 ultra. is it possible with my card? and will it increase the performance of my card? the thing is i don't know how to do it. so i need some expert to tell me how to do this thing. plz give me a tutorial, the softwares needed, the precautions etc. also if someone can give me a link which specifically refers to flashing 5700LE's BIOS with a 5700 or a 5700 ultra's BIOS, i would be very grateful. i have done everything within my knowledge to extract the last bit of performance from this card. i have OC'ed it from 250/400 (default) to 305/474 using coolbits2. still i want to go one step ahead and see if i could flash the card's BIOS. plz help me.

TIA for any suggestions, tutorials and links.

cha.

PS: my floppy drive suffered a slow and silent death. :rofl:

Yup GPU dont have Bios. Motherboards have bios, through which u can control every hardware on it.

[Edit] But i could be wrong. Atleast i havnt seen anyone talking about a GPU BIOS.

^^ Lol, of course GPU's have BIOS'es.

@ Maverick - No use in flashing on a FX5700. If you wanna unlock pipes, use Rivatuner.

GPU's do have bioses... And if you wanna experiement on one then better have a PCI Display card ready in case of a bad flash :)...

And yes... most of the stuff can be done through software only... You dont require to flash the card until and unless you want it to be recognised as a different card alltogather :)...

Actually graphics cards have BIOS'es, not GPU's :tongue:

Flashing may not work at all times, ur card's gpu and ram my not be able to handle the ultra's speeds and can get screwed.

You can flash to a 5700 vanilla bios if your card is 128bit. Don't even think of trying to flash if its 64bit.

@anish: LOL there's nothing to unlock on an FX card :p.

Back