How to Forward Port in MTNL Wireless Broadband (Type IV Modem)

cyneuron

Disciple
Hello guys

just got MTNL Broadband installed at home.

as expected ports are not forwarded by default. utorrent is showing error.

googled for it. found results quite confusing.

will be great if somebody could help :

Here are the modem details :

Type IV ADSL 2+ Wireless Modem with 4 Wired LAN Ports ( Model Name : HG520 ).

On 192.168.1.1 page, it shows the name TRENDCHIP.

Really new to modem configuration (though know about configuring ip address and all )...

will be grateful is somebody who already know it, may help me....

cyneuron said:
solved....went to portforward.com and searched for Trendchip.....configured as it said....easy...solved

Me also from Delhi, having MTNL Wireless (Type IV) BB. Do you have static or dynamic IP ? Portforward.com says one should have static ip to forward port. How do i check i have static Or Dynamic IP:huh: . When i check at cmyip.com , i doubt i have static ip. & those 1504 helpline ppl are pathetic.:mad: They told me not to log into Trendchip HG520 router.

kindly reply...anyone.

assigin a static ip to ur computer like this :

ip : 192.168.1.x ( xcan be anything above 5 i guess)

subnet : 255.255.255.0

gateway : 192.168.1.1

dns:

then forward the port in router config on 192.168.1.1 (in ur browser ) on the specific ip : 192.168.1.x

hope this helps....write in if u still need help

^while assigning static ip to ur computer like mentioned above, be sure to remove that particular ip out of the dhcp pool of the router..
otherwise, just use a 'faraway' ip which has no chance of conflicting with other devices..

cyneuron thank you for short tutorial:) . I am able to set static IP to my HG520. (Hope mtnl dont have problem - as i was told they keep watching for user who fiddle with their routers via MAC address of router - see bottom of router for that)

stellarhopper said:
^while assigning static ip to ur computer like mentioned above, be sure to remove that particular ip out of the dhcp pool of the router..
otherwise, just use a 'faraway' ip which has no chance of conflicting with other devices..

How to keep my static ip out of DHCP pool using 192.168.1.1 - configuration page ?:huh:

Thanks

well, i have a separate wifi router (buffalo) and theres a box where i assign range of ips for dhcp pool, and excluded ips if any..
it is under internet/lan>lan tab..

it might be totally different for your router, you will have to hunt around..

Back