How to get a PCB done from a circuit ?

Hey guys...i found a circuit of a small device on net..wanted to get the PCB fabricated . The circuit is in Eagle Cad format . . was wondering about how to get about with getting the pcb done . Im a complete noob in this regard..so help me ppl . . :(
I'm from B'lore btw...

Well! I made several PCBs @ home using the toner method.

The best paper for the toner method that I found is the one that you get from the bottom glossy part from a A4 size printable sticker (just pull out the printable sticker paper and use glossy the bottom layer that we discard). Its a little tricky to feed it into a laser. Otherwise you use glossy magazine papers.

Dont forget to clean the copper clad board thoroughly with scotch brite and pril. After cleaning and washing dry it off with acetone or iso propyl alcohol. don't touch the washed board surface - handle it with the edges.

I use hydrochloric acid+hydrogen peroxide for etching instead of FeCl3 as it is not messy and you can see the etching process progress. To speed up the etching I use a small aquarium pump with a small airstone and issue small bubbles into the solution - works fine.

U can use hand drill with 0.8mm bit. if u have an electric drill - u can use that too. i use an electric one fitted with 0.8mm bit. But u have to be very careful - otherwise u will break a lot of bits.

^cool..thnx..

One more thing...can anyone help me in converting the schematic curcuit to pcb . . i did try many times . . & this is the best i could come up with..

(attaching images in few mins)

2057cqr.jpg

2eptz4l.jpg

First, I think you'll have to fatten the traces a bit. Also the routing is a mess, if you use autoroute it will come out all wonky (like it's done here).

Have only the demo version of Eagle and it's not installed or I'd have given you a few tips. As it is I've almost forgotten how to use it.

Bottom line is you need to lay out the traces yourself. Try not to drop below .3-.5 mm for the traces, if it's power traces try for at least 1.2-1.5mm. Since it's a digital logic circuit, try and see if you can incorporate a ground plane.

As it is, the PCB may work fine, but I'd try and use some amount of board design logic to get it up and running fine.

Thicken up the traces, and make sure that the pcb print is to the scale. use bits of 1mm if you are using manual drill as you will have trouble placing the holders on the board if you use bits of .5 or .75mm.

And no the final pcb is not the design you have to consider, accoring to the figure on the bottom left, the green lines indicate the places wherever autorouter could not find a path (they are far too many). You will have to connect those places by jumpers. I suggest you try various combinations/orientations of the components before finalizing a design.

ComradE_BeaN said:
Hey guys...i found a circuit of a small device on net..wanted to get the PCB fabricated . The circuit is in Eagle Cad format . . was wondering about how to get about with getting the pcb done . Im a complete noob in this regard..so help me ppl . . :(

I'm from B'lore btw...

Hey ,

i Saw This Few Minutes Back,did You ever Complete The PCB ,Learning Eagle is Fun And Worth The Time .Also I Could Help You Make The PCb if You Guys Like .

Back