Graphic Cards How to get Audio from HDMI of Graphics Card?

AMITNOIDA

Disciple
I have recently upgraded my graphics card of my Desktop PC to MSI R5770 Hawk with HDMI port. I have also Asus Xonar Essence (2.0 channel) audio card already installed in my PC.

After installing the graphics card, when I connected my Panasonic 42V20D plasma through the gfx card's HDMI port, the video signal is received but without any audio.:(

Somehow, I managed by connecting the 2.0 channel audio card analogue out to my Marantz AVR and listened audio through it.

Can anybody help me in making understand me how I can send the audio also through graphics card HDMI out port?

Is the audio driver installed ?

Fc0ne.png

You would need to go under displays in CCC and set it to LCD display. I think then the HDMI throughput with audio will get recognized.

One final check: If your HDMI driver is installed, when you right-click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and bring up "Adjust Audio Properties->Audio" panel, you should have a choice for either HDMI out or your computer speaker out in the "Audio->Sound playback->Default device" pulldown menu.

Back