Monitors How to have Clone Image on two Monitors ?

prakhar

Disciple
Hello

I will like to have Clone Image of Monitor 1 on Monitor 2.

The computer detects 2 Monitors. Both are BENQ G2220HD monitors.

The main Monitor is identified as 1 which is connected to my GTX560 TI via DVI-D Port. And other one is identified as 2 which is connected via VGA port to the Mainboard.

I am able to get the extended display on the second monitor when i select Extend Display on my first monitor. But not the clone image of what is being displayed on the first screen.

So kindly help me in get the same screen/clone image on both the monitors.

Should i connect the second monitor via DVI-D port to the GTX560 Ti. since it has two DVI ports, one is already connected to my MONITOR 1.

Please guide step by step on how to get the same image on both the monitors, i dont want extended display.

What is the res. set for both the monitors? Is it the same?

I think only then can one clone the desktop...Not sure try it out and let us know....

do u have access to the nvidia control panel, if yes go to set up multiple display option, there u have the clone option, btw i have the exact card and was able to clone, hope this helps you

Both are connected to the GPU, na? or is 1 connected to the IGP and one to the GPU?

Since it is detecting both the monitors, go to display properties of your system (right click, screen resolution. here it will show both the monitors)

There will be option called multiple displays, and there you have to select option, mirror or clone display.

Thats all!

thanks guys. i will try what you have suggested.

at the moment one is connected to GPU and other to IGP. Both Monitors resolution is set to 1920x 1080

Guys i have connected both the monitors using DVI Cable having 24+1 pin to GTX560 TI . Both the monitors are being detected by the computer. The resolution for both of them is set to 1920X1080.

I can see the pictures on monitor 1 which is the primary monitor, the second monitor is being detected but it says cable not connected and there is blank screen.

What should i do ? Since both the monitors are being detected as shown in the device manager and as well as in the Nvidia Control Panel.

At times a low quality cable is at fault... try getting a better vga cable and that should do the trick... have faced this issue many times ... even the cables supplied with the monitor has failed me a couple of times.

For cloning the image you have to first connect both the displays to your graphics card, then go to "Nvidia Control panel > Set up multiple displays Then click on "The same on both displays (Clone)"

Also you can uncheck extend my desktop by going to "Right-click desktop>Properties>Settings"
Hope this helps

For the time being i have connected both the monitors to Intel Graphics Unit . then used clone monitors and its working.

WEI gives me 4.8 for graphics for this.

But i really want to use the feature on my GTX560 TI . The graphics and picture quality improves dramatically.WEI gives me 7.2 for me if i connect it to my GPU.

Back