How to have Wire Free Connection with MTNL Router

mukundpathak

Disciple
Recently I got MTNL unlimited broadband connection @ 320 kbps under their Combo plan of Rs. 495/- pm. I had asked for and got a wireless router so that I can use my two computers in two different rooms without wiring problems. However, MTNL Engineer who came to deliver and install the router said that wirefree connection is possible only with laptop and not with PC. He connected my PC to the router with ethernet cable and I am able to surf at download speed upto 40 KBps.

What do I need to have a wire free connection on my PCs ? Can I use Internet on both PCs (Wirefree) simultaneously and how ?

Router Supplied by MTNL : SEMINDIA DNA-A213 ADSL2+ CPE/ROUTER

My PC : AMD Phenom X2 555 AM2, Gigabyte 785GMT US2H, DDR 3 2 GB RAM, Seagate 7200.11 500gb etc. Windows XP3

Please guide me. Thank you.

Thanks Tejo, I already have the wireless router so I need wifi card.. now which is most suitable for the Semindia Router supplied by MTNL ? and where do I buy it from in Mumbai..? Pl give appropriate details also.. Thank you.

Which is the best suited wifi card/adapter for Semindia NA-A213 ADSL2+ CPE/ROUTER supplied by MTNL ?

What are the pros and cons of Card v/s USB adapter?

Can I connect one pc to Net thru ethernet cable and the other thru wifi card/adapter simultaneously?

Thanks!

Any wifi adapter will do, there is no 'best' option.. just get a good brand like belkin. Getting a N adapter would set you up for the future if u plan to get a N wifi router (N has better range and speed compared to b/g)

dont think there are any pros/cons here, the usb one would be the better option though since u can place it appropriately with the usb extender to get best wifi coverage.

Yes, you can connect connect both at the same time simultaneously. Just connect to the router, the dhcp server will assign the ip address automatically and you'll be ready to surf.

Back