how to host torrent files ?

I want to share my files using bittorent with my friends on lan.what do i need to host torrent files and also how do i host a tracker ?

It's as simple as this:
1. Make a torrent file of the file(s) that you want to share.
2. Host (or upload or tell or anounce) to the tracker (any public tracker sites will do).
3. Start seeding the files.
4. Tell your friends abt the link(s) to the torrent file location.
5. If you wanna share the same for many ppl you can upload at Torrentspy or Piratebay.

Hope that helps.
techmaster said:
how do i setup my own tracker ?
I think you dint know abt the same properl y (sorry if it's other way around). You can set up your tracker.

It's basically we have to have forums with vB or IPB with torrent hack installed and you r are done with. It's easy. If you want to know how to do in detail, let me know I will explain.

Thanks for the replies.I wanted to know which ports does bittorent use for transfer of data.This way i can tell my ISP to open those ports cause he is not willing to open all the ports for lan transfers.Currently even though people are on same n/w still speeds are capped to normal internet speeds.

@drgrudge
hey thanks for your help but i am using BNBT to host my torrents,it's good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
techmaster said:
Thanks for the replies.I wanted to know which ports does bittorent use for transfer of data.This way i can tell my ISP to open those ports cause he is not willing to open all the ports for lan transfers.Currently even though people are on same n/w still speeds are capped to normal internet speeds.

@drgrudge
hey thanks for your help but i am using BNBT to host my torrents,it's good enough.
6881-6889 are the default ports for BT. However on most clients these can be customised, so ask your friends to use the same ports.

techmaster said:

@drgrudge
Fair enough, good luck.
Abt the port, we can find out from the client's "property area" itself even if you dont know the same..

Back