CPU/Mobo How to increase the CPU Fan Speed?

just read this thread .. mine always run between 2500 to 3500 RPM . I disconnected my fan(3-pin) and connected it to other system fan pin location . still the same but this time , the Intel monitor goes crazy . the rpm is like 900 , 3000 , 700 , 3500 and so on ... I remember Deejay telling me to chop off the green cable or was it yellow? not sure .. Deejay please tell me again!!

My amd 64 3000 with stock cooler

fanspeedmx4.jpg

Hi montylee ,

First of all do not connect CPU fan to any other header. All headers are rated at their current capacity. CPU at 3 amps while Aux at 2.5 Amps and three pin headers are much lower. Read the intel doccumentation on this.

I had similar problem. I did two things
1> My stock cooler was not fixed properly. Which I re fixed it.
2> Changed my thermal compund to Artic Silver 5. This gave me a benifit of 5 deg C.
You are lucky to get 1100 RPM. mine Shows 998. My current temperature is 46 and dose not change much at light gaming. Core Temperatures are 54 and 55.
My ambient is 30.

There are good coolers available internationally at sidewinders. See if you can get those.

Friends

I have a Intel DG965RY mobo and also had problems with the automatic mobo control over the Processor Cooler. I used a program called TAT (Thermal Analysis Tool, from Intel) to push both cores of my Core 2 Duo 6400 to 100%, at the same time, I run Intel Desktop Utilities to measure up the temp. levels.

Well. It seens these intel mobos aren't really too good handling the Processor Cooler speed, because it always passed the 68C limit, and even looking at the spinning cooler, you could not notice or hear any change. What did I do ? I cut the fourth (blue) wire of the processor wires (the first 2 are related to positeve and neutral energy, the third [yellow] is the tachometer and the fourth is the one I cut off, the one who lets the mobo controls it's speed.

The result was my Cooler is running at 12v all the time and the temperature is at least 13C cooler all the time.

My doubt is... as I broke the last wire (blue) and cut the communication from the mobo, could it be of any harm ?

Thanks !

Celso - Brazil
Digital Nature Photography from Brazil - (c) Celso Paris @ Fotopic.Net

Intel C2D 6400, 2G Kingston DD2 667, MB Intel DG965RY, HD Samsung Sata 2 300 Gigs, MSI 8800GTS

Back