how to install window 7 from pendrive....(like we do from cd rom)

nirvanasoul

Disciple
Dec 29, 2008
am using p4 with no cd rom ....i got 1.2 gb ram of (533)... and gf of 6200 of 128 ram...:'( i read few... threads saying that window 7 can be installed from pen drive...but when i tried to do so ..i failed...

even i used Microsoft tools ......but all bullshit .....
to all bro out thr.. i request u to plz help me.....to install window 7 from pen drive...... ..

am doing this much hard work because i dont have $to buy it(cd rom):'(

plz reply my thread ......i need help......currently am using xp pro.:help::please:

nirvanasoul

Disciple
Dec 29, 2008
to all bro.... i did wat u said... but still am facing the same problem ....that it cant boot....

its showing the error ...
File: \Boot\Bcd

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
... now am looking for answer for this error.......

Attachments

• Image0092.jpg
    Image0092.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 95

spawnfreak

Adept
Jul 25, 2009
2 years ago... i installed windows vista on my lappy using a flash drive... u need to make the drive bootable... search for KURT SHINTAKU VISTA PEN DRIVE on google... the procedure for vista and 7 must be same...

nirvanasoul

Disciple
Dec 29, 2008
guys...still cant install.......same prob.....any solutions..plz...this thread is not closed.......

but one update is that i have installed window 7... by booting it from hard disk...after extracting ios image wit the help of winrar........ now guys i still want to install it from pen drive.......... because i need a fresh installation... like we do .when we boot from cd rom.....

kekerode

Adept
Jul 29, 2009
^ u need to do re-partitioning of your pen drive ... create primary partition ... activate it ... install boot sectors for Win7 and extract files on pen drive ... yup ... format as ntfs before extracting files :p

nirvanasoul

Disciple
Dec 29, 2008
i tried every thing to install ... ur method is super falier.. i can tell u how much i need this method..

simple... like we install xp from pen drive........ similar want to install window 7 .... bro if u cant solve then......hen u can understand.....

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
Try these steps.. Please ignore if I write down even the noobest of details because I'm not sure of your tech level.

1. Insert pen drive. Make sure it is detected and is atleast 4GB in size.
2. Open Run after clicking Start button
OR
Press windows key+R and type cmd. Press Enter.
3. Type diskpart.
Note: This will work only on a Windows 7 machine. But this is a foolproof method to get your job done.
4. Type "list disk"
If you have only 1 HDD, then the Disk 0 will be your internal hard disk and Disk 1 will be your pen drive. You can also verify this by looking at the size of both the disks.
5. Type "select disk 2"
This is done considering the fact that your USB is disk 2
6. Type "clean"
7. Type "create partition primary"
8. Type "select partition 1"
9. Type "active"
10. Type "format fs=NTFS"
Now assuming you have the image of Windows 7, you mount it using any tool like PowerISO or Daemon Tools and then copy all the files inside it to the pen drive. Select all and copy it to the pendrive.

Your pendrive is ready now and you can simply start the computer and select USB as the boot option in the BIOS.

DJMykey's post has already explained all this but still I'm explaining it again :)
Any doubts, please do let me know.