How to know if a consignment is sent through DTDC blue service?

~:Satan:~

Disciple
How to know if a consignment is sent through DTDC blue service?

So far I knew, a dtdc-blue consignment should have a "V" prefixed to the consignment no. EX. "V01234567" . But a day before yesterday a fellow TE member informed me that he is shipping an article to me through DTDC-Blue and asked me to pay extra amount as a premium for blue service. I agreed to pay expecting a secure and next business day delivery. Now he pm-ed me a consignment note no. which looks like this "D01234567". I have not received the the article so far. Now I doubt if he has sent it through DTDC-Blue at all. Can somebody please confirm?

Also what does "MENTION PIECES" showing under product category mean ? I am attaching the dtdc tracker screenshot for your ease.

[attachment=8793:15293.attach].

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,622
It isn't the same alphabet for all places. Even for DTDC Blue, the first alphabet depends on the origin. That said, the easiest way you can find out is by calling your nearest DTDC center, and ask them what packaging it is by providing the docket number. Finally, once you receive the packet, the packing slip will tell the story.

If you go to DTDC website and track your consignment via tracking no. given to you, it also indicates the service used for sending it in tracking details...

Atleast, it showed during my time...

BTW, if it do not reach to you in two business days, sender can claim for the return of money :p

agantuk said:
It isn't the same alphabet for all places. Even for DTDC Blue, the first alphabet depends on the origin. That said, the easiest way you can find out is by calling your nearest DTDC center, and ask them what packaging it is by providing the docket number. Finally, once you receive the packet, the packing slip will tell the story.
Thanks for the info mate. perhaps I had a wrong understanding about dtdc AWB coding system then. my local dtdc guy said to me that a blue consignment no must start with a "V" and I believed him. Last time I received a dtdc-blue parcel from sent from Mumbai bearing AWB no preceded by "V" now According to you the first alphabet depends on the origin. If that is true then AWB no should start with "V" this time too. (This sender also belongs to Mumbai)

btw what does "MENTION PIECES" showing under product category mean? please have a look at the screenshot I've attached in the first post. can you throw some light on it?

ashvarybabul said:
If you go to DTDC website and track your consignment via tracking no. given to you, it also indicates the service used for sending it in tracking details...

Atleast, it showed during my time...
BTW, if it do not reach to you in two business days, sender can claim for the return of money :p

Thanks for replying mate. Please have a look at the screenshot I've given above. There is no indication about shipment type in it. The parcel was booked on Monday evening. Today it Thursday and it's still in transit. Perhaps it'll arrive here tomorrow or a day after. And that means more than 2 business days. Shall I ask the seller to claim the money back?

^ I stand a bit corrected on the V series thingie. Turns out - as per an old document on their site - that V series was introduced sometime in 2009, with a word that the W series would be used till it expires. So in all likelihood, the W series would now be extinct. I must have got confused as I once sent a DTDC Blue consignment which had a W, so assumed it was different for different cities.

http://fr.dtdc.co.in/images/pdf/unfiedCnote- Keypoints.pdf

Not sure about the "MENTION PIECES" thing :)

I recently received 2 packets from Delhi and Chandigarh via DTDC Blue, the consignment number started with "V". So yes probably for DTDC Blue the starting letter doesn't denote the origin.

Back