How to know web developement and Internet Programming

Shanpav12

Disciple
Hello,Currently I am studying Bca, and undergone C programming & also C++ in school, but now I want to learn Internet programming for develping an web based aplication that will run on Mobile as well as through PC internet.I have read that i have to know PHP, Javacript,apache etc.As the application(A site that has a particular service through it) may be install on mobile,Pc or directly through webbrowser access dont know which way to go right now.But for achieving that I assume I have to know Internetl Protocol, its programming,Backend Frontend etc,sO will my C knowledge will help in Internet Programing apart from CGI(by the way does CGI works nw a days fro modern websites like rich apps),and please also suggest where to start from for Web application develpement(Platform Independent) like books

Yes, you need to know HTML, javascript, PHP., some backend databases like MySQL which goes well with PHP.
For web apps, Java or ASP.Net would be better.

Check out w3schools.com. The best edu site for web related technologies.

CeDrIc said:
For web apps, Java or ASP.Net would be better.

Why would they be better? Any specific reason? Or just because they work better in Windows?

I think PHP is the programming language for the web, if you want to save money!
PHP comes in the LAMP stack, and LAMP servers are damn cheap, especially shared hosts.

Back