HOW TO learn linux?

shivam99aa

Disciple
i have been working on windows for a lot of time now i want to learn linux. how can i do it online by ebooks or something else please anybody help me out as lot of my friends are saying learning linux is hell dont do it.

Re: HOW TO learn linux???????????

Install Ubuntu.
Make it your daily driver.
Use google whenever you face an issue or question.

PS - When you have 11 question marks in your title, it just makes you appear like a douche.

Linux has nothing that needs to be learned from books.

Just install download & install Ubuntu. Tinker it for some days & you'll learn it in no time.

Mate as other have already suggested, install ubuntu and try it. If you face any problem post here, lots of linux techies are here to assist you. More ever Google is always a helping hand :)

ok i will install ubuntu and start using it.I have back track and i was trying to use it but it is a lot on command base and is a bit of problem but i will sort it out and are lot of o/s are available which are linux based.

Using UI of linux is no big deal its the commandline you should start learning from ... In those days installing Linux was pain, Format the HDD for seperate ext3 partition for linux. Now its easy like installing VLC Player, Download latest ubuntu fire it up inside windows install just like any software, When you boot up you should be able to go to WIndows/Ubuntu

RHL 6? Why would you want such an outdated version? IINM, that should be more than a decade old!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Wait a minute. Are you talking about Redhat's Enterprise Linux by any chance?

RHEL 6 is not available for free download.

If you are serious learning linux, install CentOS, get some books for RHCE and start from there. CentOS is nothing but repackaged RHEL. So you will not lose that look and feel, commad and syntax compatibility. That will be a good starting point.

As for testing latest, start by installing Fedora v14 or v15.

Ubuntu will also help.

Note that careerwise, RHEL /CentOS will be better.

i am dowloading fedora15 and i will go for books of it and i am serious about learning linux.i will download centOS and thanks for the help.

Back