how to make custom window xp

sumit_123

Disciple
What I would like to do is create a custom win xp installation cd, can this be done?

Everytime I format my PC i have to reinstall a bunch of programs, i would like windows to install with all the programs pre-installed like SP3, firefox,photoshop,nero,antivirus with the plugins, video codecs, drivers for my pc,,etc.. as this would save like 3 to 4 hours of time everytime i reformat..

any ideas on how to do this? make my own custom windows xp to install on boot or use as a live cd, possibily a usb thumb drive? I know it will not all fit on a cd, but maybe like boot install dvd which i could create choices to boot from.
thanks

Their are lots of third party tool available for customizing your XP install, google will give you best reults.

Alternatively create a ghost image of you existing OS if it's clean and good

47Shailesh said:
Their are lots of third party tool available for customizing your XP install, google will give you best reults.

Alternatively create a ghost image of you existing OS if it's clean and good

thanks
but if my pc has no window can i use ghost image as bootable disk for install window

Hi, I had a similar prob. this is what i had done

* format c:[xp] partition
* install XP sp3 and all software[ except driver...you might upgrade ur peripheral]
* remove Hibernation,virtual mem. disable system restore
*get bootable CD-- m**iPE :p [google it] it contains acronis backup.
* insert the CD,restart and boot from CD. start acronis backup.
* backup the C drive partition at a different partition or pendrive [ take 3-4min][around 2-3GB file]

THATS IT.......over.

RECOVER :: just insert that bootable CD...start acronis...show path of the file....in 2-3 min ....XP installed:) :)

same procedure for vista [ takes 7-8min ] [ 3-4 GB].

here my scrrenshot after i recover.:clap:

sumit_123 said:
thanks for reply but i want to 9 that .can i install this back up .when my window is not working...

if u talkin abt acronis...then yes..
though u need to have bootable resque media that u can export from acronis software.
u can restore the back up from ur hard drive itself..

Back