how to make it hide files faster ?

Striker10

Skilled
Hi ! I am using Windows XP SP2 and i have about 100 files which i like to hide before shutting down my computer ;) , in a folder . the problem is , it takes alot of time ( 3-4 seconds ) when i apply the attribute'hide' :( and I dont like the time taken to do such a simple task . ( if you are thinking of giving me the idea of indexing sorry have disabled that ) . I do not experience this behavior when i have about 10-40 files in the very same folder ... ( its in c:\windows FYI ) and I also do not want to seperate the number and have them in two diff. folders .Therefore , how to make it hide files faster ?

thanks for reading !

P.S : P4 2.8B 768MB RAM 7200RPM HDD

u can use 3rd party software, but bear in mind that these third party softwares have a Native Encryption mechanism which can be fatal incase of an unfortunate crash leading to permanant loss of Data. These locked folders, locked with 3rd part appz can not be recoverd in byte Chunks as most of the Recovery tools do. So use them if ur data is NOT mission critical Documents etc.

I dont want to make those files encrypted ... just need to make it hide files faster ... is there any setting in windows xp which can give exclusive rights to the folder for something like high priority ( so that hard disk access to the folder is quick ) ?

Back