How to make my Amazon account primarily Indian ?

raksrules

Elite
I have amazon account since 2011 or so and it was opened when I was in US. It is only when Amazon came to India, I started using the same account in India.
Now that I am in India, I want this account to be "Indian". This may sound confusing and I know I can use the same account on .com and .in websites but problem I am facing is that, when I login to something like say prime music app on my phone, it shows me all english songs and gives me upgrade options in $$ amounts. In my firestick, if I am logged into my account, I get app suggestions like HBO NOW, HULU etc and I cannot then see apps like Voot etc (or those India centric apps).
Even if I download hotstar on my firestick, to activate it, it asks me to go to US website of hotstar to activate it.

How can i resolve this so my account becomes entirely Indian and shows me Indian movie songs, Indian apps etc? I had once asked amazon customer care (long back) but they only told me I could use same account on both websites but I reckon they could not understand my issue.

Edit: The country / region settings under manage your content and devices is "India" since long.

Edit2: If I login to the amazon music app using my brother's login details, I get all Indian music stuff and Hindi songs and such. He had created the account directly on amazon.in.

Last edited:
contact amazon india CC again, i had similar issue they resolved it for me.

i think their email ID is cs-reply@amazon.in

I did connect via call to their digital content and services customer care and the person there told me that he did something and it should be OK now.

I didnt check before but prime video shows me all India stuff with different Indian language selections and such but music, app store is store is In dollar amounts and such.

Never had to do it personally but check if this link helps you in getting what can be transferred.

For Amazon Music try this.

Thanks for the links. I tried the amazon music link and it worked. I had to use desktop mode ln my phone. But now I see Indian content on amazon music app. Now need to get the app store fixed.

Now although amazon music shows Indian stuff, the behaviour on my iPhone 5S is very weird. It works fine on my 6S though.
Here is the issue. When I try to play a song it says content not found and when playing a Playlist, the songs starts skipping and nothing plays. May be it will stop somewhere and play a song sometimes but usually It just keeps skipping or content not found error. Check screenshot below..

IMG_0060.png

My amazon account is from 2008 and created on USA website however I never faced these problems, from what prime video Ive tried I always get a lot of hindi recommendations, never had problems playing any of the hindi content too

My amazon account is from 2008 and created on USA website however I never faced these problems, from what prime video Ive tried I always get a lot of hindi recommendations, never had problems playing any of the hindi content too

At this point, prime video and Amazon music is "Indian" but app store on my fire tablet is still showing me all USD amounts. Any chance it may be because amazon does not sell Amazon tablets in India?

I know I can use the same account on .com and .in websites
I only discovered this pretty late in the day. Asking questions on the uk & .com sites gets better answers than the Indian one.

Thing i've noticed is if you ask too many they say you have to buy from them as well so this is self limiting.

Amazn India keep bugging me to join prime but to date i see no good reason to do so.

Try logging out from all logged in devices and see if it helps.

The app store on my fire stick showed me Indian stuff and apps fine. But in fire 10 tablet, it shows US prices. I have a strong feeling it may be because those fire tablets aren't available in India.

The app store on my fire stick showed me Indian stuff and apps fine. But in fire 10 tablet, it shows US prices. I have a strong feeling it may be because those fire tablets aren't available in India.
That seems to be the most logical explanation. The backend ecosystem has not been setup in India as theres no reason to do regional customization for a product not available in that region.

What if it just a cookie somewhere that needs to be removed ?

I had to go through this as well (US Amazon to Indian) . In prime video section, there was a place you could change the country. I remember a popup had come up that I can change only once. Following that I started getting Indian content.

An advantage of keeping Amazon.com account active, is that you can buy things which are not available on Amazon.in. So my suggestion would be not lose it.

You need to change the store settings from digital content option to India from US. Post this, everything including Kindle books will start showing in Indian currency

The same setting is observed for Amazon music

For app store - it should have a similar setting. My app store allows me to download the apps but does not show any option to buy.

As for @rajil.s You can still use the same account on .com - works fine for me.

Back