How to monitor Temperature for TP-Link TD-W8968?

StillWaters

Disciple
Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased and started using TD-W8968 after my D-Link 2750U started giving problems (it would stop working after getting heated up. Had a few falls, so I think its heat sink might have gone lose).

I am afraid that the same problem should not happen to my TP-Link router. Summers in Delhi get pretty hot. My room temperature is 40 C +. Is there a program or way to monitor the temperature of my router? Please advise.

Also, the specs indicate the rated Temp range to 40 C. Does that mean room temperature or the temperature on the CPU/Board?

Device Details:
Model : TD-W8968
Hardware Version : V1
Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.1 v0005.0 Build 120926 Rel.27100n
Thanks,
StillWaters

What "problems" are we talking about ?
and no , generally there is no thermal sensor available in consumer grade networking equipment.

Last edited:
There is no temperature sensor on these consumer grade devices. So that's not possible. You could however get a cheap temp monitor and attach it to the CPU.

What "problems" are talking about ?
and no , generally there is no thermal sensor available in consumer grade networking equipment.

@rads Sorry, I was not clear on the problem part. My D-Link 2750U had a few falls when wifey tripped over the RJ-11 cable while "cleaning" my computer desk :p. It survived like 3-4 falls over 7-8 months, but now it finally said Namaste in Chinese. I mean, now when I turn on the D-Link router, unless there is a table fan pointed at the router, its DSL and Internet leds go off in about 30 seconds and the router becomes unreachable. When that happens, I can't even open the configuration page. Power lights and Wi-Fi and Ethernet indicator lights remain on.

Did you try to repair it ?

and summer is almost gone so dont loose hope
Yeah, went to D-Link Service Center, but Murphy's Law intervened and nothing happened to the Modem there lol. Well, now that I have categorized the issue, I will go back there and make them try the modem after switching off their Fans and AC :-D

try some a-b tests

like reset, run with out load , run without tel line, then without lan, and even as a simple wifi ap

Back