how to open blocked sites

shivam99aa

Disciple
the college i study in,has blocked many sites which i want to open so can anyone tell me the way to open those block sites as they have wi-fi and i live in college hostel so i acess net from it.

Depends on what kind of websites you wanna access.

Proxy sites offer limited bandwidth and so can handle day to day browsing but no downloading.

There are many such proxy sites. Most will be blocked also there are new domains popping up every hour.

I will advise you not to access sites like Fb or Gmail through these sites as you risk compromising your password.
All the traffic going though the proxy site can be stored by the site owner so don't access any important stuff though it.

Use UltraSurf. Small application which runs in your system tray and assigns you some random US IP and then all sites will open. Have tried this extensively during my stay in China (where popular sites like FB, Youtube etc are blocked).

Even youtube worked fine with that.

Proxy websites allows us to bypass our current ISP’s IP and connect to targeted website with a different IP; thus hiding our actual origin from detectable.

i see it and it has left my eyes wide open.well the only good think is that i havent use ultrasurf till on my computer,i use it in my college computer.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

did you know what to do if anyone has used this software on his system.

raksrules said:
Use UltraSurf. Small application which runs in your system tray and assigns you some random US IP and then all sites will open. Have tried this extensively during my stay in China (where popular sites like FB, Youtube etc are blocked).
Even youtube worked fine with that.
yes ultrasurf works, its very small and does not require installation. try it and give feedback.
you can also try proxyway or tor with firefox as browser.

You can try these:

1. Use IP instead of URL

Each website has its equivalent ip address .This method works best whenblocked sites are stored as a list of URLs .You can use ip address to access blocked contents . For example to access facebook you can use ip address 69.63.189.11 in your address bar
. You can use ip-address.com to find the ip address of other websites.

2. Use Google Cache

All major search engines like Google yahoo and Bing stores cached pages of websites themselves . You can access blocked websites by viewing their cached copy on search engines .

3. Translations services

Translation services like Google Translate , translate a website from one language to another and display the translated results on their own page .You can access the blocked website by re-translating blocked url using such online translation services .

4. Retrieve web pages via Email

Web2Mail is a free service that sends any websites into your inbox. All you need to do is send an email to www@web2mail.com with the URL as subject title.

5. WayBack Machine

Wayback machine periodically keeps a copy of almost all websites on the internet from the date they have started . You can access your blocked site by fetching its latest copy from archives .

6. Screen-Resolution.com

Screen-Resolution.com allows you to view any website in a different resolution . This could be an interesting tool to access blocked websites .

7. Google Mobile Search

Google Mobile Search displays a web page as if you are viewing it on a mobile phone .You can use it to access blocked websites but javascript and css will be disabled .

8. Redirect with Short URL service

Short URL service are used for converting a long URL in a shorter one . You can convert your blocked url into a shorter one and use it to access blocked websites . This trick dont always works . The two popular url shortening service are bit.ly and adf.ly

9. USB Browsing

You can use this method if you have access to usb port ,you can load usb with your own portable Firefox, with the portable Tor plugin or you can directly use tor-firefox .

10. Proxy Websites[/COLOR]

This is the generally known method to access blocked websites . There are thousands of online proxies you can use to surf anonymously or to access blocked websites . Here is 90+ Proxy Websites To Access Blocked Websites

Back