How to rectify the settings of a folder or Drive

Shanpav12

Disciple
hello,
I am facing some problems with installing games(which requires saved game file to be located at my documnts) if also installing other than C drive's Program files the or any other aplication saving loading in my documnts and mainly the C drive folders For example Whenever I try to save some file or open some file from My documents or My pictures some error messages typically appear like this while saving a avg antivirus free from net to the location

C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\My documents\avg_free_stb_all_2012_2180_cnet.exe
could not be saved,because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

change the folder properties and try again,or try saving in a different location

So, Pls help me out rectifying the problem in the Os settings,by the way I amusing Admin account on Windows XP sP3,new installation by pc assembler technician People in a shop.
So pls help guys.

I have created another admin account as the system asks for atleast one admin account, but their is also a account name Adminstator by default.
I doesnt get promted to choose any the account still when i start my sytem. and the issue of not getting access to load something onC:\documents and settings like this"" Setup cannot open the source file c:\ducuments......" when istalling igi, or any gamefrom another Admin account also

right click on the folder - properties >securities tab.
add your account to it and give full permissions. if any deny checkboxes are ticked, remove them.

I have added the security tab as it was not present previously, Os Iused windows XPloreer> tools> folder options>view>advanced settings and unchecked the last check box use simple sharing(recommended), .In security tab I have seen that admins(which is me using) has all boxes checked in Allow and also I added my own created new admin account ,but if all boxes are checked and ?I ma using admin account so why this error like this with C:\documents and settings like this in this imagehttp://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6787/95575293.jpg

Its location points to temp folder. if you have an antivirus installed possibly its blocking the file from opening/running thinking its a virus.

sorry all of you guys for bothering you, Ithink its the eset nod 32 antivirus 5 trail version blocking me(Admin) fromdoing changes in documents and settings folder, SO i deleted and now getting access

deleted = i hope you uninstalled the eset trial version through add/remove programs, and not just deleted the program folder.

sorry all of you guys for bothering you, Ithink its the eset nod 32 antivirus 5 trail version blocking me(Admin) fromdoing changes in documents and settings folder, SO i deleted and now getting access

install avast home edition free and best. Even i too had problems with eset

I beg to differ from both your experiences. I have been using ESET from past 3 yrs without a single problem. In fact its one of the least bothering antivirus. May be you played with some settings.

as a freeware avast is best but if you want to use the ahem version nod32 is also good because i myself was using it for a few years before

Back