OC & Modding how to remove scroll function from mx518?

Need a hardware mod or smthing to remove the scroll functionality of the mouse . . . any help appreciated . The function has started to go bonkers..:( ..
it just scrolls up & down without any user intervention . :( ...
I tried disabling the scroll to 0 in the logitech software , but tat doesnt work in all applications . . . :(

ComradE_BeaN said:
Need a hardware mod or smthing to remove the scroll functionality of the mouse . . . any help appreciated . The function has started to go bonkers..:( ..
it just scrolls up & down without any user intervention . :( ...
I tried disabling the scroll to 0 in the logitech software , but tat doesnt work in all applications . . . :(

RMA? Logitech should have 3 yrs warranty AFAIK

^ i did...but it wont make a global change...like it will disable scrolling of webpages , etc...but in other applications like mediaplayers,etc .. the control is stil there. :(

^yea did that some time back....first removed the small optical sensor near the mouse wheel using a soldergun ... then found out the scroll mouse woudnt work anymore .. but still the scroll function would come back now & then in random times...so thought there might be some other component sending small signals...

I tried to look around on the pcb for trace...found a component which had connections to the sensor i had earlier removed...so removed this one too...:lol: ...

now the mouse is working fine..:D .. (without the scroll problem..:p )

Back