How to repair Fuze with a cracked screen

bhupatib

Disciple
My beloved Fuze after I sat on it -

The player works (play/pause/skip) but I'd like to get the display repaired, any ideas?
Bought from Amazon so not under warranty.

try going to a local mobile dealer who has a good reputation with repairing phone screens ask him if he can arrange a replacement for your player's screen .. and hopefully that should do the job ;)

You won't find any replacement LCDs for the Fuze . Even SanDisk doesn't sell / provide replacement parts. The only way you can repair the LCD is buy a cheap used or broken(LCD intact) Fuze from ebay and swap the LCD . Probably look for a 4GB Fuze for ~20-30$ :).

Quoting from ABI forums.

The Fuze can be opened, although you have to be careful about it, and the screen is attached to the mainboard with a socketed ribbon cable not a soldered one, so that if you can find a cheap or broken Fuze on ebay with a good screen, you will be able to replace it. It's not easy by any means but it can be done. The most dangerous part IMO is the ribbon cable that connects the control wheel to the main board. It's very short, and very fragile, so it's easy to damage. If it's damaged you won't have any controls. Without extreme care and some skill there's a good chance you'll break something, but it can be done.

Back