Audio How to repair the wire of the Brainwavz M1?

phunsukh

Disciple
I had bought the M1 three months ago from pristinenote. But due to my jeans the wire connecting the 3.5 mm Jack is damaged at upper edge. Therefore I have t adjust it whenever I use it, neither it plays in only one earpiece. So how can I repair it? Can pristinenote help me? Please reply as the problem is very annoying me.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

this thing requires a little bit soldering work....u can cut the rubber from top of that connector using a blade and then re-solder the two ends of wire to the jack. But PLEASE ONLY TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AS WELL AS IF YOU HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE WITH SOLDERING WORK.

Talk to pristine note about it or else you can repair it yourself,its an easy task.

Once you remove all the rubber from the 3.5mm jack using a blade, solder the 3 wires one the for the L channel, the next is R channel and the other is the common ground. These wires are insulated, to remove the insulation heat the wire tip ~1cm on blue flame so as to expose the copper. Once the copper is exposed solder the wires to the solder spots which will be visible to you.

Test the phones, check whether the channels L and R are soldered correctly.

Use hot glue to seal the assembly.

Tip : the wires are very small and also their small dimension it is sometimes difficult to solder, it will be very much easier if you use some sort of a clamp to hold the 3.5mm jack also you can ask a friend to hold the jack while you solder.

Its a fairly easy process.

Thanks for reply but I don't have these things to repair. I'm from andheri. Where can I repair this in mumbai?

Guys, I was also trying to repair the wire of my SM PL-10 which broke in two pieces. Though I was unsuccessful, I did have a few queries regarding the procedure. Please help a noob out.

1. There are two colored wires - red and blue. This is for right earphone and left earphone correct? If I solder the two red wires and the two blue wires separately, the earphones should work right?
  2. Question is relating to soldering - why solder? I mean why can't I just use a bit of electric tape to join the two parts together (after remove the outer sheath) so that the wired are in contact?
  3. There seem to be two separate copper wires in the 'main wire'. Now based on my long forgotten Class 12 knowledge, this is the ground/earth wire right? Now IIRC, the ground is supposed to come into play during high voltages, to 'transfer' the excess voltage to the ground to the earth so that the device is not damaged. But that is for cases when the device like an AC or fridge is connected to the mains power supply. What is the purpose of these ground wired in an earphone that would be plugged into a source that will supply constant voltage? And if needed, where would the wire transfer the excess voltage to prevent damage?

Sorry for the dumb qustions (esp. the last 2
<
)

Thanks for reply but I don't have these things to repair. I'm from andheri. Where can I repair this in mumbai?

Just get a solder gun and some solder wire, preferably having small diameter this will be enough will cost you ~rs 100 it will be available in almost every electronic spare part shop. The solder gun is a worthy investment.

Regarding the seal for the assembly buy some heat shrink tubing they come for around ~2 rs. If you are using a heatshrink remember to insert the heatshrink before you solder. After soldering slide the heatshrink tube over to the joint and use a cigarette lighter or any other non sooty source to heat the tubing and the assembly will be sealed.

I was lazzy to go get some heatshrink tubing when my headphone wire conked off, so I melted a Cello Griper pen in a petri dish and used it to cover the assembly.

Guys, I was also trying to repair the wire of my SM PL-10 which broke in two pieces. Though I was unsuccessful, I did have a few queries regarding the procedure. Please help a noob out.
  1. There are two colored wires - red and blue. This is for right earphone and left earphone correct? If I solder the two red wires and the two blue wires separately, the earphones should work right?
  2. Question is relating to soldering - why solder? I mean why can't I just use a bit of electric tape to join the two parts together (after remove the outer sheath) so that the wired are in contact.

Sorry for the dumb qustions (esp. the last 2
<
)

Sorry if I dont get your question, but to my best knowledge

1. I think you are asking what if you were to solder the red wire in place of blue nad blu in place of red.

---well nothing will happen except the fact that the channels LEFT and RIGHT will be swapped.

2. Solder guarantees an electrical connection. If you try using an electrical tape, firstly with such small dimensions the tape will be of no use as it be tough to put it on as well as for the tape to remain in palce and perform its job and secondly the fastening using a tape will cause fluctuations, you dont want these while listening to music. These fluctuations are tolerable in parts of circuits where power is delevered, but not in the part of the cirrcuit where signal is delivered like in this case.

1. There seem to be two separate copper wires in the 'main wire'. Now based on my long forgotten Class 12 knowledge, this is the ground/earth wire right? Now IIRC, the ground is supposed to come into play during high voltages, to 'transfer' the excess voltage to the ground to the earth so that the device is not damaged. But that is for cases when the device like an AC or fridge is connected to the mains power supply. What is the purpose of these ground wired in an earphone that would be plugged into a source that will supply constant voltage? And if needed, where would the wire transfer the excess voltage to prevent damage?

In case of circuits like that of earphone there is need of the ground, here the ground is like the Neutral pin of the AC applainces

like AC , fridge. The signal need to return back to the driver component in order to complete the circuit. You just cannot put a single wire to an equipment and expect it to run, for any device to run it requires current and potential difference. While you connect a single wire to the component it provides the current, but while connecting the second wire you give a reference point to which the component can compare the incoming voltage to so as to obrtain the required potential difference.

Guys sorry to dig up this thread but my Brainwavz M1 has got damaged near the left ear and the sound is not coming properly.
Can I get this fixed by any technician?

Back