Android How to sanitize the phone

Hey guys, we all have to go out of the house in these times for whatever work we might have.. to buy medicines, groceries, vegetables, or just go out for your job.

My question is how are you people sanitizing your phone after coming to home?

I have a bottle of rubbing alcohol with me, which I had bought to sanitize my garden tools like the pruner so as not to infect the other plants if one of the plants that I pruned had any kind of disease. It's a common practice for gardeners.

However, since rubbing alcohol is pure alcohol, it's proving to be useful in these times. At first, I had sanitized my phone with it using a cotton piece. Then, I read somewhere on the internet that a mix of 60% water and 40% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) should be used for this purpose. So I had been doing it with that in between.

But then, I saw an ad for a product for cleaning smartphones and other electronic products, which said that it didnt use water in their solution because of electronic products, which made a bit of a sense. So, I started using the pure rubbing alcohol again.

What are you guys doing to sanitize your phone? It is a thing which we constantly use throughout the day and which we keep ourselves at all times, and it's the thing we touch most, so keeping it sanitized is very important I think.

I use clinical spirit on a microfiber cloth to clean the phone. I don't do it everyday though. Just once a week. I don't give the phone to anyone.

use 99.99% rubbing alcohol IP and a good quality microfiber cloth and i clean it once a day cause sometimes i touch it with same hands as surroundings things (i don't dilute it because evaporation will take much more time and eventually some moisture from the water part could seep into your phone and damage it)

Yes, that's a good point about evaporation. If it isn't dilute, evaporation will be faster and therefore, less chances of any parts being damaged due to the moisture. I don't have a microfiber cloth as such for the phone.. so I use cotton. If it's excess I wipe it off with fresh cotton after waiting for a few seconds.

Microfiber cloth that comes with the eye glasses will do the job?

I have isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol as it is called with me from before. Since lockdown I haven't been able to get my hands on one again. It wasn't available during the lockdown. I went to purchase a few days ago, and they handed me the surgical spirit, but I was in doubt of its composition as to I should use or not. It didn't contain isopropyl alcohol, but something else. I will try to buy rubbing alcohol from somewhere... otherwise have to go with surgical spirit, which I think contains ethanol.

I won't use sanitizer because as @CyberGhost said, it contains other ingredients besides alcohol, which might make the screen sticky and/or can damage the parts. But yea, people have different ways of doing things... and if it works, then well and good. Yes, some sanitizers are there which aren't stick and are good. I have one which is like that... it is odorless and doesn't smell which I like because the smell of the sanitizers really trouble me a lot.

Sanitizers do tend to evaporate soon though.

While working in hospitals, we were provided with disposable plastic bags ( very difficult to operate the phone) now I just rub it with alcohol swabs ( come in small square pieces, available in all hospitals and I had few hundreds in a backpack, not sure where from those came though) rarely.

While working in hospitals, we were provided with disposable plastic bags ( very difficult to operate the phone) now I just rub it with alcohol swabs ( come in small square pieces, available in all hospitals and I had few hundreds in a backpack, not sure where from those came though) rarely.
those swabs don't have enough alcohol to properly sanitize your device, that's another case if you use a bunch of them together and lastly a huge salute to you brave soldier working on the frontier of this pandemic

Thanks, but after seeing how little we ( doctors / nurses etc.) could do, don't you think we're being glorified a bit?
My salute to all the non medical people who are fighting this without PPE etc. for months now.

1. switch off first
2. Dry wipe
3. Disinfect wipes
4. Drying your smartphone
5. Most important, do not put your phone in phone cover without sanitize your cover also. Be safe

Best way is to laminate your phone like the good old days and the freely sanitize they way you want ensuring nothing enters it through the charging port or audio jack.

I don't take my smartphone when I leave home nowadays. I have a feature phone which is coming handy as it is much easier to sanitize.

use can use something like this if you want fast sanitisation. Its just a plastic box with UV light inside it.

What about the Aquaguard type claims that UV only temporarily inactivates viruses, doesn't kill them?

Back