How to screw local ISP legally for bad service ?

madnav

Skilled
Im using Busybee Broadband service in Vashi Navi Mumbai.
Their service used to be OK an year ago..
has been degrading since then..
off lately... there are regular down time... for 2-3day sometimes..
most of the times we(most of the friends on the local network) get half or less than half the bandwidth we are promised.
im getting 128kbps or less on 256kbps plan.
when asked about the same...they promise to correct it as soon as possible... but compensations so far.

im fed up with it n i want to screw them for looting we customers..
how shall i go about it legally??!!
i would like to know the effective n legal way to do it.
plz pour in ur inputs :)

Check with Consumer Court forum in your area, write a letter explaining the entire episode in details or go and meet someone from forum if that's possible. I'm sure they will be able to guide you.

Also, take proper screenshots, log times (for uptime/downtimes), keep the call log noted (to their service people) and include all these as evidence with your letter or keep them when meeting someone in Consumer forum. You're not getting promised service, uptime or bandwidth... as a consumer you can demand justice. Better yet, ask all your friends using the same service to do the same, a group complaint will have even better effect.

Its no use going by it legally...Nothing will happen and too much effort will be wasted since judicial system is not that good in India. :no:

The only thing u can try is sending a lawyer notice to rectify any further problems from recurring. That is the best u can do and which companies don't prefer to get.:p
Try that out, if that doesn't solve the problem, go out with all ur friends to the local ISP and give them a good bashing...:p

This should resolve most of ur queries, else take Airtel. :)

i believe going to the consumer court is the best option for you .. as suggested by IGo .. very impressed by IGo's reply :clap: .. or else change ur ISP .. i had same issues a year ago .. i kept on changing isp's every2 months .. 2 months sify then 2 months exatt and now i have found the perfect isp ..:hap2: pacenet :hap2: dun give money to your cable operator .. avoid him .. always delay the payment .. tit for tat :eek:hyeah: he ignored ur connection issues .. now its ur time to ignore him .. let him disconnect ur services temporarily .. pay him the balance .. he will again start your internet services ..

well the ignore bit is good but if you need the net then it can be awkward.

I can feel the pain, if you dont have good provders in the area :(

hi.dkt2008 said:
i believe going to the consumer court is the best option for you .. as suggested by IGo .. very impressed by IGo's reply :clap: .. or else change ur ISP .. i had same issues a year ago .. i kept on changing isp's every2 months .. 2 months sify then 2 months exatt and now i have found the perfect isp ..:hap2: pacenet :hap2: dun give money to your cable operator .. avoid him .. always delay the payment .. tit for tat :eek:hyeah: he ignored ur connection issues .. now its ur time to ignore him .. let him disconnect ur services temporarily .. pay him the balance .. he will again start your internet services ..

i was on sify for a couple of yrs n now on exatt for say past 3-4yrs..

nt able to find pacenet in vashi...

i'll be glad if u can hook me up wid pacenet contacts widin vashi..

as for bashing exatt/busybee... already tried it a couple of times...n that did not work.

i will surely try that legal notice thingie.

consumer courte opton will have to be backed up by evidences which im not sure how to make concrete.

thnx alot guys for ur inputs. :)

Tell all your friends who use that ISP to change to different ISP and tell them to spread the message to change their ISP's. Atleast that will put them out of the business. I live in Nerul, Navi Mumbai so i heard from my friends that they get bad service from them.

Goodluck. ;)

Back