How to ship something internationally?(australia in my case)

A new member nucgaek has asked me if i can ship brainwavz b2 to australia from my sale thread http://www.techenclave.com/topic/508597-brainwavz-b2/page__p__1681789#entry1681789

he says he'll cover the shipping cost,

1. how can i ship it, i know i can do it via indian post but i have never done so before, is it just like shipping nationally, just give address and pay?

2. anyone know how much it is gonna cost?

3. packing should it be easy to open( for customs office etc) or lots of tape so no one can unpack it easily(safety wise).

Sending through speed post with receipt and tracking service is the best. Its a bit expensive, but still cheaper than sending by any courier. The receipt will help you prove that it has been delivered. Just pay, fill in a customs form, stating the item and send it. Thats all.

Anyway, wonder why someone would want to buy that head phone from India, as I am sure u get it there as well. With shipping and maybe some customs, it may probably cost close to a new one though. So rethink the deal, could be a likely scam as well.

I have sent a package to US using Aramex in past.It was delivered within 3 days.

The quote that I got from Post Office for shipping was Rs.2200 while Aramex took Rs.3200 for expedited shipping.

So rethink the deal, could be a likely scam as well.

Yeah it has crossed my mind, he just joined TE(0 post count)

this was his pm

Hi,

I was interested in buying your Brainwavz B2 but wondered whether you could ship to Australia by any chance? Willing to cover the costs of shipping if they're not too high. If not, best wishes for your sale.

Thanks,

Michael

if shipping would cost 2200 then totat price would come to 7700 Rs, for that price he can get new ones.

Get the money first
<
who cares about the deal opponent is getting.

+! to above comment

Get the money first, do not ship before you get the money.

We already have a thread going on where relatively older members facing issues with misrepresented information.

Speed Post is your best bet . I had received a 10kg parcel from India to New Zealand and charges were 3500/- . Tell them you want to send via registered parcel post

OP why want to deal internationally ??. Do not take too much risk just for a IEM.

I still hadn't decided to accept the deal yet, yeah you guys are right it's better to sell it in India, to much trouble for just an IEM.

Thanks for helping and replying.
<

I have shipped tons of stuff abroad. Use normal Registered Post. For a 1Kg Package it will cost like Rs 500. Also dont worry about packing, here in Mumbai, you need to get it packed from the packers in cloth packing(Rs 30 - 50), else the people at the post office do natak.

Because post people abroad are actually competent, your package will reach in around a week, max 2.

Get the money 1st in your PP account. Ask him what kinda shipping he would like. The normal shipping can take 7-10 business days or even more through Indian post. If u go to courier companies then 7 days atleast and if u do expedited then 2-3 days max.

So it depends on how much money he is willing 2 pay u for shipping.

Back