How to Shutdown a Computer with a Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit100186

Disciple
How to Shutdown a Computer with a Cell Phone

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Using this method, a user can shutdown, restart, hibernate, etc. his or her computer,

just by sending an email from his or her phone.
[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]To do this, all you will need is Microsoft Outlook which should come with Microsoft

Office, which most people have. This will need to be on the computer wish you wish to

shutdown.
[/font]

So, this is how you do this:

[font=georgia,serif]1. First, you need the batch files to perform the Shutdown, Hibernate etc. You can

write them down yourselves or can download them from here.
[/font]

www.timmatheson.com/downloads/howtos/sms_shutdown/sms_functions.zip

[font=georgia,serif]2. Extract them to your C:\ drive so the path to the shutdown batch file is

C:\sms_functions\shutdown.bat (Important this is a must the path must be exact)

or you can modify the rule once you import it to point to the new destination, it's

your call.

3. Open up Microsoft Outlook. Make sure that you have already configured it for

your email.Now we will need to make it so that Outlook checks your inbox about every

minute (1 minute for testing time can be increased if a delayed shutdown is desired).

You can do this by going to Tools: Options.

4. Then click the Mail Setup tab, and afterwards, the Send/Receive button.

5. Make sure that the Schedule an automatic send/receive every... box is checked,

and set the number of minutes to 1. Now you may close all of these dialog boxes.

6. Now go to Tools: Rules and Alerts... Next click the options button in the upper

right hand corner and press the Import Rules button.

7. Now select the shutdown.rwz file that was found in the zip file named

sms_functions that you downloaded.

8. Now, when you send a message from your phone to your e-mail address with the

subject smsshutdown%%, your computer will shutdown.
[/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif]You can also make your own rule, so that you can use your own batch file, and may

specify the phrase you want to trigger the action.
[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]With The Mark Of Orange Color Is Very Important Don't Do Any Mistake Guyz.[/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif]I Hope You Guyz Like My Work.[/font]
clapping.gif

Nice, though I prefer 'Unified Remote' which is available for Windows in the Android Market. Plus, its free and has several other features like WMP remote, Task manager and can launch any program in the Start menu and you can browse your computer files as well.

All you need to do is install the remote server app which is around 5MB in size and keep it running
<

And Outlook aint cheap and is a resource hog to boot
<

Nice, though I prefer 'Unified Remote' which is available for Windows in the Android Market. Plus, its free and has several other features like WMP remote, Task manager and can launch any program in the Start menu and you can browse your computer files as well.

All you need to do is install the remote server app which is around 5MB in size and keep it running
happy19.gif

And Outlook aint cheap and is a resource hog to boot
sad.gif

Well Thanks Anyway Bro..I Know This Remote Stuff For A Long Time, But This Is For Other Guys Who Can't Waste Their Money On This Remote Stuff.

Where is link?

I Write Down The Site..Sorry I Forgot It Back Then, Thanks To Remind Me..Tc Ras..And Njoy This Trick.. I Will Come Back With Something New In This Trick Section..See You Soon.
clapping.gif

Bro Please Help Me In Few Steps. I Downloaded The Software From Above Link..Can I Use It For Shutdown Anyone Pc With This. Reply.

#[member='amit100186'] This seems like a pretty tutorial for many but may I suggest a few pointers for posting?
  • If this is not something you have found out (high chances of this being the case), please provide the source. I am sure plagiarism is highly discouraged in TE.
  • Try using normal fonts and as few colors as possible (preferably none). Uncommon fonts and such vibrant colors are hard to read and follow.
  • Have a look how everyone else is typing (without using caps for all first letters) and please try and do the same.

Nice Stuff! I tried and i did it.
happy55.gif

Altair is it possible. Can you help us here through remote session. Also I got a samsung Galaxy Note. So can I shut down my computer through that phone. Also can I erase some files through my phone. Is that possible?

I dunno about that. This thing did not worked on my system, Win 7 64bit. I tried it on my friends old PC XP 32bit. It worked. Don't know how but then i tried it again on my pc the way i did it on my friend's but it did not worked. And i did not sent a msg. I mailed an email from my account to his.

Also i watch'd a Video on a few sites. How to...You can try those.

I dunno about that. This thing did not worked on my system, Win 7 64bit. I tried it on my friends old PC XP 32bit. It worked. Don't know how but then i tried it again on my pc the way i did it on my friend's but it did not worked. And i did not sent a msg. It mailed an email from my account to his.

Also i watch'd a Video on a few sites. How to...You can try those.

Awesome Bro. So you have tried it on other pc. But how come it didn't work on yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back